+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Gaming Thread, GTA: V - Trailer #2 in Fun Stuff; Originally Posted by Rawns It's being ported onto the iPad soon for it's 10 year anniversary! You've finally given me ...
    Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rawns View Post
    It's being ported onto the iPad soon for it's 10 year anniversary!
    You've finally given me a reason to support iPads being in schools.. thank you. For educational purposes, of course.. "Kids, this is how you should NOT behave in society!... now let's kill some Italian barstewards." or "Of course we can deploy these iPads, Headteacher. We just need to do some extensive testing first. Graphics performance and all that.."
    Unfortunately I can't afford to buy myself an iPad, so that'll have to wait is the performance any good on the game, do you get many issues?

And yeah, I can see how some games like FIFA and GRID will need a controller for some. I've just become so accustomed to using the keyboard+mouse for everything I haven't bothered trying. It'd be hilarious to see somebody try and use a keyboard+mouse on an Xbox 360, though. ULTIMATE MINDTWIST!

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TBlax View Post
    is the performance any good on the game, do you get many issues?
    None with GTA3. Rockstar are usually take great care with their GTA games and they have done the biz with that port. Most concerns with porting a game like GTA to a touch screen device like an iPad is how the controls work. However they seem to have refined them down to be smooth and free flowing. I'm therefore confidant that the Vice City port will be just as impressive.

I think GTA and GTA2 would be great ported onto the iPad too. Hope they consider doing it in the future.

Thank Post
    None with GTA3. Rockstar are usually take great care with their GTA games and they have done the biz with that port. Most concerns with porting a game like GTA to a touch screen device like an iPad is how the controls work. However they seem to have refined them down to be smooth and free flowing. I'm therefore confidant that the Vice City port will be just as impressive.

I think GTA and GTA2 would be great ported onto the iPad too. Hope they consider doing it in the future.
    That sounds good then. I just watched a quick video demonstrating it and the controls don't seem as bad as I thought they would be, previous games I've tried ported to a touch-screen device have poor controls! Driving certainly doesn't seem that difficult, though it'd still be something I'd slowly pick-up.

I expect they'll just follow the same path with porting it as they did with GTA 3, there wasn't that much difference. The big one would be if they decided to do GTA SA, I expect. I can see GTA 1 & 2 following it as well. I'd LOVE to see GTA: London 1969 again, on any device.. I used to love playing that on the PS1 then you can have your iPad background with Rodney Morash's artwork. "Don't mess sunshine, or I'll kick yer bl00dy head in. Understood, ponce?"
    Last edited by Fleetwood; 9th November 2012 at 03:44 PM.

Thank Post
    The big one would be if they decided to do GTA SA.
    Maybe when Apple iPads are on the 9th or 10th generation and more powerful than todays computers!

Thank Post
    Maybe when Apple iPads are on the 9th or 10th generation and more powerful than todays computers!
    Haha, very true GTA IV won't have a chance then it barely runs smoothly on top-end computers today!

Thank Post
    Cannot wait. I have the countdown on a tab already waiting roll on 4pm

Thank Post
    Likewise! I finish at 4 but home commuting can wait, this trailer is more important to see

Thank Post

AWESOME

Likewise! I finish at 4 but home commuting can wait, this trailer is more important to see
    All i can say is that looks bloody awesome. Watched it dead on the 4pm countdown.

Excited MUCH!!!!

Thank Post
    Yeah i agree, i cant wait! Had in my head it was coming out at the end of this month for some reason then found out it was early spring. I felt like a disappointed little kid on his birthday lol.

Thank Post
    I was told by Game it was coming out either October or November and when my little brother said its Spring 2013 i was like "WHAT?!!". and ive already pre-ordered it

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,227 Times in 835 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill_Tech_Leigh View Post
    I was told by Game it was coming out either October or November and when my little brother said its Spring 2013 i was like "WHAT?!!". and ive already pre-ordered it
    What, employees in Game didn't know what they were talking about?! Stop the press!

Thank Post
    What did you all think about the trailer then? I for one absolutely loved it, and the fact they've now given us an insight on the three protagonists theory. They clearly gave a good impression of what each character is like and it's just made me want it more now.

I'm still a bit gutted a PC release hasn't been confirmed though

Thank Post
    What did you all think about the trailer then? I for one absolutely loved it, and the fact they've now given us an insight on the three protagonists theory. They clearly gave a good impression of what each character is like and it's just made me want it more now.

I'm still a bit gutted a PC release hasn't been confirmed though
    Love love loved it!!!

If I recall, Consoles usually have GTA games exclusively for 3-6 moths before a PC release? Will give me time to upgrade my rig! :P

Thank Post
    Love love loved it!!!

If I recall, Consoles usually have GTA games exclusively for 3-6 moths before a PC release? Will give me time to upgrade my rig! :P
    I expect it'll be the case of a later release, yeah, but the fact nothing's been said at all yet (and they usually at least speculate a release) is a bit annoying must resist the urge to believe in rumours!

Also, what do people think of the first mission? Apparently there was a description released about it but I can't find it anywhere!
    Last edited by Fleetwood; 15th November 2012 at 03:56 PM.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12