+ Post New Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Gaming Thread, War Z in Fun Stuff; If you like the game, good for you, but why do you feel the need to go on random websites ...
    Thank Post
    If you like the game, good for you, but why do you feel the need to go on random websites and try to "sell" the game to people? I don't understand the mindset of fanboys...

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mwbutler View Post
    If you like the game, good for you, but why do you feel the need to go on random websites and try to "sell" the game to people? I don't understand the mindset of fanboys...
    not a fanboy at all, what annoys me is when people who feel shortchanged or unhappy about something, cause a big wave of negativity around a subject. This will drive people away just because of somebody elses opinion whithout even trying something as I can see hapening in this very thread. What I am trying to say is that not everyone feels like that about this game and it is not as abismal as portraid by some people through either their personal bad experience or watching youtube videos and following the hype. So just wanted to add a different side to it.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRed View Post
    not a fanboy at all, what annoys me is when people who feel shortchanged or unhappy about something, cause a big wave of negativity around a subject. This will drive people away just because of somebody elses opinion whithout even trying something as I can see hapening in this very thread. What I am trying to say is that not everyone feels like that about this game and it is not as abismal as portraid by some people through either their personal bad experience or watching youtube videos and following the hype. So just wanted to add a different side to it.
    While the majority of my annoyance is from the game being simply awful (I've spent a couple of hours playing it), and it's creation blatantly coming from plagiarism, the other half is the way the developers have been so immorally awful in actually creating it, and they way they have treated a vast number of their game base. They've permanently banned vast amounts of people for no reason, they've falsely advertised features on Steam that caused so much rage, Valve actually pulled the game from sale and offered refunds which is very rare for them. To follow that, Sergey Titov effectively blamed the people who bought the game for misinterpreting it! And every so often, you see a post or update from him doing damage control apologising to everyone for the latest cock-up. Back in October, he called spawn killers "Faggots"! Yea, spawn killers are annoying but that was way out of line being the project dev!

The number of sources that show where WarZ material has been ripped from (along with evidence) is amazing. The main game banner has been ripped from advertising photos of The Walking Dead (who I believe are taking legal action ). The content in The War Z can be found from their other game War Inc is shocking. It's effectively a badly done conversion that they are selling as a "new" game! They even rushed so much that at one point, they did not even replace links or references to The League of Legends website in their terms of service!

Is this the kind of game development your happy to support by spending your hard earned money on?
    Last edited by Rawns; 17th January 2013 at 04:42 PM.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345