+ Post New Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Gaming Thread, War Z in Fun Stuff; Originally Posted by synaesthesia So the dev behind it all "Sergey Titov" (sounds like a meerkat!) is the "mastermind" behind ...

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by synaesthesia View Post
    So the dev behind it all "Sergey Titov" (sounds like a meerkat!) is the "mastermind" behind a slew of utterly crap games. WIth the majority of this game copy & pasted from various other places illegally, I suspect he could find himself losing anything he's made and a hell of a lot more on lawsuits.

Sorry, but serves the idiot right.
    @Theblacksheep posted this interesting link (GameSpy: A Shocking Interview With The War Z Developer On False Steam Store Claims - Page 1) to an interview after the whole Steam thing and his responses are quite astonishing. I think I'll take some of his defense tactics and use them myself:

My car can travel "up to 500mph", my house has "up to 100 bedrooms", I have "up to 500 wives"

(Just to clarify, I only have 1 wife!!!)

CAM

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Why pay for the game when you can sit back and get just as much entertainment from it's drama.

Thank Post
    sory if i am late to the party but i just thought i would add this:

This game is amazing! been playing for the last few months and it is the most gripping, exciting and may I add cheap game i have ever bought and enjoyed non stop. Does have some negative part which I hope will be ironed out but I love it

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Clearly you enjoy putting your money in the pocket of mindless gimps.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by synaesthesia View Post
    Clearly you enjoy putting your money in the pocket of mindless gimps.
    well, considering I paid 12 quid for it, never had to buy anything from the game store (they dont sell weapons anyway, just random bits) and am getting hours and hours of fun out of it playing with my friends id say you are wrong.

And just in case you are a DayZ fan (which I think you are), These games have completely different directions of gameplay and should not be compared aside from being similarly themed.

Thank Post
    Gameplay direction plan for TheWarZ:

Copy DayZ, add crappy paid for stuff. Profit.

Eurogamer had a positive review for TheWarZ:
    The War Z review • Reviews • PC • Eurogamer.net

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Theblacksheep View Post
    Gameplay direction plan for TheWarZ:

Copy DayZ, add crappy paid for stuff. Profit.
    This. ^^

The MetaCritic selection of reviews are interesting too. A metascore of 20/100 though is 20 points too many IMO. The War Z for PC Reviews, Ratings, Credits, and More - Metacritic

Quote Originally Posted by BigRed
    These games have completely different directions of gameplay and should not be compared aside from being similarly themed.
    Spawn, gear up, survive. Similarly themed? it's a blatant concept rip which was rushed out to get the bucks rolling in and they are 'trying' to add features that are meant to separate it from DayZ.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRed View Post
    well, considering I paid 12 quid for it, never had to buy anything from the game store (they dont sell weapons anyway, just random bits) and am getting hours and hours of fun out of it playing with my friends id say you are wrong.

And just in case you are a DayZ fan (which I think you are), These games have completely different directions of gameplay and should not be compared aside from being similarly themed.
    Sorry, no. I'm a game fan. Don't like DayZ although did give it a good try, just like I did with WarZ. I concur with the "outright copy" - "gameplay directions" indeed - you sound as bad as they do!

Thank Post
    Reviews are opinions, plenty of people enjoy the game.

Having personally played DayZ and WarZ i prefear the latter, i dont see the need to come on a forum where somone has expressed a like for a game and bash it.

"OMG QUAKE IS A TOTAL RIP OFF OF DOOM!, YOU GET GUNS AND KILL ALIENS!" is pretty much what I hear when people complain about WarZ being a shameless copy (same dev's but you get the point i hope), the great thing about the games industry is there are many takes on many genres, nobody forces you to play the game.
    Last edited by LiamH; 15th January 2013 at 01:35 PM.

Thank Post
    WarZ is a game everyone should avoid:

Lots of people are wondering why there is so much Drama and hate revolving around WarZ. I have created this post to clarify any misconceptions. I will update this post as new information comes out. If I missed anything be sure to post it in the comments.

NOTE: This is not a hate-post. I am just trying to get the facts straight.

It all started with DayZ, a Mod for Arma 2. DayZ is a online Zombie Survival game. The mod quickly escalated in popularity.

July 19 - The WarZ is announced by Hammerpoint interactive. It is said to be a "Zombie Survival Shooter-MMO". Shortly after People start calling WarZ a cheap clone of DayZ down the the very name. The Developers claim the game has been in development for over 2 years. The Developers ban anyone posting any sort of criticism on their official forums.

Sep 10 - Hammerpoint announces that WarZ will have an in game marketplace where you can purchase items for real money. These items will be lost on death. Hammerpoint claims the game wont be "pay2win" and all the items you can buy don't effect gameplay.

Oct 15 - WarZ Alpha is released. Lot of people are disappointed to find the game is mostly just a modified version of War Inc (Heres a comparison image). A game developed by Hammerpoints parent company Arktos Entertainment. People noticed that the Terms of Service copy the League of Legends terms of service. The game is slated to go into beta on Oct 30th.

Oct 23 - The Executive Producer of the game, Sergey Titov, calls spawn campers "faggots" but quickly makes a public apology. (Link)

Oct 30 - The WarZ beta is Delayed

Nov 27 - The much delayed Clan feature was added to the game as a paid option

Nov 28 - Due to a massive uproar, the cost of starting a clan was removed, but the real money cost of adding more than 20 characters to the clan remains intact. Note: Each additional block of 20 character invites costs 700GC(roughly $5 US). Each account contains 5 character slots. Therefore a clan of 40 people(5 characters each) currently costs approx. $45.00 US for all member's characters to be invited to the clan.

Nov 29 - People requesting refunds are told that their info will be put on a blacklist and will not be able to purchase things using the same service as WarZ. WarZ updates their TOS disallowing anyone who accepts to get a refund. This is illegal in some countries.

Dec 14 - The Developer make a forum post announcing the bans of a lot of hackers. However, a lot of legitimate players and banned as well.

Dec 17 - WarZ is released on steam and enters "Foundation Release", a term coined by the DayZ community. People notice the steam description lists features that aren't in the game (Screenshot as of Dec 17). The Developers start banning people from their Steam Forums for posting any sort of criticism.

Dec 18 - The Steam description is updated but still contains false information (Screenshot as of Dec 18). . The Developers make a forum post apologizing and unbanning to all the legitimate players banned giving them 700GC of in game currency each (Link). The developers make another forum post to address the criticism (Link). Instead it says that only 7% of the playerbase dislikes the game. A Gamespy interview is released with Sergey (Link). Sergey refuses to acknowledge the fact that information posted on steam was false. Short after a third forum post is made apologizing to players who "misread" the steam page (Link). The game is updated, the hour respawn time is raised to 4 hours with the ability to spend purchasable currency to circumvent it.

Dec 19 - WarZ is made unpurchasable on steam by Valve.

From time to time a mistake can be made and one was made by prematurely issuing a copy of War Z for sale via Steam. We apologize for this and have temporary removed the sale offering of the title until we have time to work with the developer and have confidence in a new build. Those who purchase the game and wish to continue playing it via Steam may do so. Those who purchased the title via Steam and are unhappy with what they received may seek a refund by creating a ticket at our support site here: https://support.steampowered.com/newticket.php

It also turns out that they ripped off artwork from The Walking Dead game, their trademark "WarZ" infringes on a films title and the devs are just plain scumbags. There's much more dirt on the devs / game out there but I don't have the time to find all that info.
    Last edited by mwbutler; 15th January 2013 at 02:02 PM.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,945 Times in 1,345 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I'm so glad I didn't bother with WarZ...

Thank Post
    I dont know what you lot are talking about, both dayz and warz are good in their own way. WarZ is excellent value for money, it is extra hard if you dont have any friends to play with because people are ruthless and rolling in packs is awesome and ive had crazy amounts of fun! I will still buy DayZ when it comes out because it is also going to be great but at the moment i am just enjoying a cheap and funfilled game. So all you elitists can go away lol

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRed View Post
    I dont know what you lot are talking about, both dayz and warz are good in their own way. WarZ is excellent value for money, it is extra hard if you dont have any friends to play with because people are ruthless and rolling in packs is awesome and ive had crazy amounts of fun! I will still buy DayZ when it comes out because it is also going to be great but at the moment i am just enjoying a cheap and funfilled game. So all you elitists can go away lol
    I refuse to support the devs and therefore the game as per the points I outlined above. I don't see how that makes me (us?) elitist?

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mwbutler View Post
    I refuse to support the devs and therefore the game as per the points I outlined above. I don't see how that makes me (us?) elitist?
    fair enough, well i play the game and so do tonnes of other people who enjoy it. There are many points outlined above which are valid, some have been fixed due to mass demand, i just dont understand the hate. Windows stole from apple, samsung from apple, apple from samsung and google, lyrics get recycled etc etc

apologies for the outburst, just wanted to say that i play this game regularly and enjoy it just like many other games, i enjoy shooters like battlefield and cod and strategies although not any of the ones released in the last few years, not an mmo fan as such but I like this game its fun and i will play it untill another game comes along thats more fun. But at the moment I am enjoying this game more than the dayz mod and more than battlefield or any other games, feel free to chuck abuse this way its opinion

Thank Post
    in fact I will record one of my gaming sessions and post in on youtube so people can see that there are different experiences of the game

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast