+ Post New Thread
Gaming Thread, Command and Conquer game discussion in Fun Stuff; Hi all Just wondering if any of you good people still enjoy a blast on C&C at all? For those ...
    Thank Post

Command and Conquer game discussion

Hi all

Just wondering if any of you good people still enjoy a blast on C&C at all?

For those that are interested, look up my mirror page for the C-Gen C&C community of modders [notice the rather familiar outlay *winks at his own sig*] at:

http://www.tarquel.net/cgen/

Think I'm tarquel69 [dont laugh now lol] on C&C:RA2 or C&C:YR - its been a while, and i keep forgetting my password and/or handle lol

Get me on MSN / xfire first as i dont play it often at the moment but with some decent non-cheating players, it should a good laugh again

Looking forward to this:

http://www.eagames.com/official/cc/generals/us/home.jsp - C&C: The First Decade [pack of 12!! titles and bonus DVD]

Bit of a cash in but theres a good few i havent got - odd considering how much of a fan i am lol - and they are reworking them all alledgedly - the installs and stuff i think, but also for XP compatibility. Hopefully they'll ditch the IPX part for lan games and make them all IP-friendly like C&C:Generals is hehe

Nath

Thank Post

Re: Command and Conquer game discussion

I used to play RA2 LOADS a long time ago. No idea where my discs are (yes i bought it!). If I remember to dig them out ill take a butchers
    Spent some time making some 'money' maps to help those multi-hour lan games last! Loved making huge bases surrouned by turrets/OoL(oblisk)/sam sites/V2 rockets - kinda lost sight of 'blow your enemy up' and made it 'dig yourself in'.
    Edit: HAHA wrong version of C&C RA2 was telsa coils+turrets still, i built plenty of them If the internet side of things arent so good we could setup vpn and play LAN games so to speak.
    My real love was Quake1 CTF but it had to die at some point.

Thank Post

Please do frazer - the only reason me and my mate lost the enjoyment online was because of the cheaters, but all the official servers are being turned into the XWIS servers [links on my mirrir site above] or something like that so once again, you'll be able to chat on the online section, and so on.

We stopped playing it ages ago....then started playing it again and were on it solidly for a good 3 months, mainly local lan against the cpu using the mods etc, but then stopped again [as we were having dreams of C&C lol]

But with the online side of things being sorted out, maybe we'll be back. I will at any rate

If u luv the game but got bored of it, give the mods a blast - they are the cause of many months of continual play again lol

[sound like a advert dont i? lol]

Cheers
    N.

Thank Post

I usta play C&C alot, but that was years ago, never got past Tiberian Sun tbh lol. Might be worth getti nthat uber box set tho cus i enjoyed them all

Thank Post

You wont regret it, especially if they help make then more stable in the compiliation remake

....no i dont work for EA lol

You didnt play anything after Tib Sun???? You are/were/will be [lol] seriously missing out. RA2 (and YR) is sooo much better. Generals adds a new twist to it in 3D [not to everyone's taste tho btw]. I personally prefer YR over Generals but generals is still great if ur paitient with it and get used to it.

Cheers
    N.

Thank Post

I used to play RA2 Moomans rules mod, i thought this was great and played skirmish up to the point of memorising the i win routine against CPU on most if not all maps.

tried online once or twice and got my ass handed back to me on a plate, i stuck to skirmish ever after.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,355 Times in 828 Posts
    Blog Entries

I love General's and all the series.
    I wish EA were not so quick to delete the range and scrap the WestWood team.
    The reworking is good. I just want General's 2 and renegade 2 (screenies of this game appeared on the net)

Thank Post

Game being released tomorrow. Check thread here:

http://www.edugeek.net/index.php?nam...&p=18994#18994

Cheers
    Nath

Thank Post

I'm a big C&C fan particularly generals: zero hour
    played and completed all 3 storylines for C&C Generals and with zero hour got to a chinese mission based on world opinion and a GLA level where you have to steal a base or 3 (final level on that one).

Love the generals challenge: especially the dragon lady who is the last to face.

and my personal favourite piece of hardware is the supersonic aurora bomber, untouchable to the target, usually gets creamed on the way back.
    Which is why I build squadrons, 12 of those bearing down usually devastate an enemy base quite effectively.

Thank Post

Bet you'll be looking forward to C&C3 then?

Nath

Thank Post

i've only just got generals myself, but i think its really cool, not sure about number 3, my problem is that even with a good spec computer new games are slow on it, i have 768mb RAM, yet AGe of empires 3 which only need 256 runs very,very slow,
    so i think i'll leave the new games til i get my new PC
    If anyone wants to chat about generals i'm happy to

Thank Post

Got generals, piece of cake on easy but cant do it on other levels
    Guess that makes me useless but ah well I guess I can live with my rather amazing FSX

Thank Post

When you say you just got it, do u mean as part of the C&C: The First Decade pack?

Because unless u have all the other games except a few, its probably cheaper to buy the pack.

Generals did kind of step up the difficulty... compared to Red Alert 2 / YR that is lol

Played quite a lot into the missions. on normal that is I think. Zero Hour exp pack adds a nice element to things too.

Nath.

Thank Post

i got it from a freind who bought the deluxe edition of generals and zero hour, so he gave his original copy of generals, i'd never played the c and c series before, i just heard generals was good, but to be honest, the game i fell into recently is cossacks, amazingly fun,
    takes up all my working time lol, i only mean to lay it at lunch time, but that usually carries on into worktime lol,
    knock at door, "sorry, i'm busy, i'm doing, erm, important diagnostics, come back later"

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread