sccm automatic site-wide client push not working
I'm out of ideas trying to get automatic site-wide client push installation to work on SCCM 2012 SP1.
The discovery seems to work fine, manually pushing out the client works fine but the automatic client push doesn't seem to work.
In point form here's the situation:
- Had an SCCM2007 Essentials deployment but used only for hardware inventory. We decided to retire it and not migrate the data.
- Using SCCM 2012 SP1, single site server with SQL 2012 Standard
- Boundaries are configured for our AD site and IP subnets
- Boundary Groups containing the Boundaries are set to "Use this boundary group for site assignment" with the correct "assigned site" (there's only one option available)
- Domain admin account used as the client push installation account.
- For the purpose of testing some of the client computers that are discovered but aren't automatically getting the agent installed are located on a subnet that the sccm server will allow through it's firewall without restrictions
- Right-clicking on any of the PCs in devices and choosing "Install Client" works perfectly.
- We have some apple computers on site and manually installing the sccm client on the macs works fine. As it should.
- The Client Push Installation Properties for the site is as such:
- Selected Workstations. Did not select Servers and Configuration Manager site system server (Note that the sccm server already have the client installed and working)
- Domain controller install is set to Never.
- Installation property only has the SMSSITECODE defined
- Tried two different domain admin accounts
- Can't even figure out what logs the automatic client push is suppose to use. Assumed it would be ccm.log but I can't find anything about any attempts to deploy the client automatically.
- Check the client computers (where the automatic client push is suppose to happen), it's got no ccmsetup folder and recorded all ip traffic to/from it (specifically from the sccm server), nothing. Note that this computer has an sccm client for our old sccm installation. The old ccmsetup folder was delete prior to testing.
- One suggestion I read was to deleted all the device that don't have the client and let sccm rediscover it, did that, still no automatic client push.
- On one of my google searches, found a suggestions about checking the v_CP_Machine db view. The only entries in that view are the devices that have the clients installed. So that's not the issue either.
I'm open to suggestions.
Any idea what my problem might be?
Any idea exactly which sccm log files would contain information about the automatic client push?
When a device is discovered, is the client automatic client push installation immediate? or is it schedule to happen later?
I'm tapped out, it's a good thing it's friday :)