HELP!! Emails not sending - Forefront issue possibly corrupt
Got a problem with Forefront Security for Exchange. Late afternoon yesterday inbound and outbound weren't sending and the people would this initial message (attachments and body of the email) 'string_resource_283string_resource_414'.
When I googled it, it was relating to Forefront being corrupt and permissions issue (see below)
- My emails with attachments are received with the body
Anyway tried to troubleshoot the issue as forums mentioned security permission on the Forefront folder. When I took off scanning for both realtime jobs and transport jobs, then messages go through as they normally would. Restart the services for both Forefront and Exchange and tried turning scanning back on, and messages not sending or receiving (stuck in queue in logs so hitting the server but sending to Mailbox Server and then to the client).
Turning scanning off allows messages to come through. We use an external provider for our public records, and inbound emails receive scanning before arrival to our mail server so there is 1 layer of scanning before inbound items arrive at the moment. Done the following to summerise once I knew it must be Forefront: -
- Restarted all Forefront Services and Exchange Services
- Turned off Forefront scanning, restarted services, and emails route successful (inbound and outbound)
- Checked the permission of the Forefront folder - SYSTEM, ADMINISTRATORS, and LOCAL USERS
- Turned on Forefront scanning, restarted services, emails were not sending or arriving (stuck in queue).
Anyone got any ideas what I should try next? Just to confirm we're running Exchange Server 2007 SP3 and Forefront Security for Exchange SP2 which are all the latest packs for those versions.
Thanks very much.