+ Post New Thread
Enterprise Software Thread, Subject: Inadvertent entitlement removed: Forefront Online Protection for Exchange in Technical; Hi, has anyone else received a message like this from Microsoft? Subject: Inadvertent entitlement removed: Forefront Online Protection for Exchange{...} ...
    Thank Post

Subject: Inadvertent entitlement removed: Forefront Online Protection for Exchange

Hi, has anyone else received a message like this from Microsoft?

Subject: Inadvertent entitlement removed: Forefront Online Protection for Exchange{...}

Dear Microsoft Licensing Customer,
    Due to an internal system issue customers that purchased Forefront Endpoint Protection 2010 were inadvertently also entitled Forefront Online Protection for Exchange. This issue affected customers that purchased Forefront Endpoint Protection after November 2011. This in no way impacted Forefront Endpoint Protection 2010's ability to protect your devices.
    Microsoft has corrected this error and removed the inadvertent entitlements as of April 20 2012. If you have any questions or concerns contact your partner or Microsoft representative.
    This email is being sent from an unmonitored email alias. If you have any questions regarding your Subscription, please contact your reseller.
    Sincerely,
    The Microsoft Volume Licensing Team

I was just wondering if this should have been sent to an EES site, and if MS are really retracting FOPE for EES Enterprise customers. I hope not, but if not, then why send this email to us?...
    Last edited by tonyd; 22nd May 2012 at 12:33 PM.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,393 Times in 959 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I had a similar email - out of the blue they sent me one saying I now had FOPE (I'm on Core CALs, not Enterprise, so this was a surprise) and then a week or so later, after a frustrated afternoon failing to get the FOPE sign-up working on their site, they sent another email saying the original had been sent out in error.

This was a few months back now, though...

Thank Post
    Yes, we got it as well. They're basically saying that VL customers (inc. EES) that had purchased FEP were being inadvertently given FOPE as well without having paid for it.

Thank Post
    Thanks for the confirmation. The strange part of this is that I think the site that received this is an EES Enterprise customer. I hope this is not the case, and EES Enterprise does still include FOPE, but I seem to be having problems today finding that information on their licensing pages.

Thank Post
    FOPE is included in the enterprise cal suite as its part of the forefront protection suite. Regardless of that FOPE is now free for students and staff for educational institutions using EES. See 11-2011 : Pricing changes for Forefront Online Protection for Exchange & Azure Storage

Thank Post
    I have been experiencing issues activating FOPE from the VLSC, had to escalate the issue through our reseller at CCS Media to his contact with Microsoft. We now have a liaison handling our case and after a month looks like we are getting there, with the email I have just received from the FOPE dept.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread