+ Post New Thread
Enterprise Software Thread, Has anyone moved the databases for a SharePoint 2010 farm? in Technical; Current situation is two SP 2010 application servers and one DB server using sql 2008 r2 hosting all of the ...
    Thank Post

Has anyone moved the databases for a SharePoint 2010 farm?

Current situation is two SP 2010 application servers and one DB server using sql 2008 r2 hosting all of the databases. With a new building we are duplicating every peice of equipment we have in one comms room in to another. This requires us to mirror every database we have, which with our new microsoft license requires us to move sharepoint off our existing database server on to another.

If anyone has experiance on this and has opinions on the best way to go then happy to hear them. I know how I can achieve this through several means but if anyone has found a way that worked for them and would champion that way it would be good to hear.

Thank Post
    Im not 100% sure on this but can you not add a new sql backend server to mirror the current sharepoint content databases the remove the old one from the farm?

I did have a experience once where a 3rd party company decided to drop the default sql instance wiping out our new SP2010 installation. I was forced down the route of a full farm restore that asked for the default sql database etc. so I know its possible from that approach.

Let me know how it goes as we are planning on implementing some redundency into our farm at the moment.

Chris

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread