+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Enterprise Software Thread, Deploying Office 2010 via SCCM in Technical; Hello, I am looking to deploy Office 2010 by SCCM 2007. We have a mix of machine running Office 2007, ...

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,797 Times in 1,548 Posts
    Blog Entries

Deploying Office 2010 via SCCM

Hello,

I am looking to deploy Office 2010 by SCCM 2007. We have a mix of machine running Office 2007, Office 2007 and 2010 on the same machine, these machines have outlook 2007 not 2010. Some just have 2010 on manually installed, not our custom MSP - i would like these to be reinstalled.

Does anyone have a system or scripts that will remove all previous version of office and install 2010. I have setup an MSP for 2010 ready. One concern i will have is removing the old version with all the mix thats outs there, when i run commands to uninstall old software the deployment reporting back as failed if it isnt installed and becuase of the mixed version.

If anyone can help that would be good.

Thanks

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Part of the options in the MSP are to allow removal of any previous version. Ive used this before successfully. It should do the trick for you.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TheScarfedOne View Post
    Part of the options in the MSP are to allow removal of any previous version. Ive used this before successfully. It should do the trick for you.
    It wont allow you to run the installer if Office 2010 is installed. So those machines with 2007 & 2010 wont fall into that scope. I cant just run an uninstaller as it will remove Outlook 2007 and leave no Outlook installed at all.

Thank Post
    Could you use a start / wait command on an uninstall then install after?

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Sorry i dont get what you mean?

Thank Post
    Have a batch script which will uninstall Office2010 but by using the start /wait command it waits until you finish the original command which would be the uninstall and then run the second command which would be the reinstall.

Example of batch.

start /wait msiexec -u office2010.msi <<<< This will hold the script until its finished its current task.
    msiexec -x office2010.msi

Not sure what the uninstall switch is for msiexec.

Hope that makes sense..

Ross

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Will this work with SCCM? When i deployed the AV i had a command to remove the old AV. If it wasnt installed the job would just fail. I dont want this to happen with Office

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Can i bump this please

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Hi guys, I am having trouble deploying this! (well kind of) It sayings its failed but its installed on the client machine!

I have setup a batch file to install office 2010. If i run the batch file manaually it works a treat. When i try to deploy it in SCCM i get this error:

The program for advertisement "FPH20036" failed ("FPH0000E" - "Install"). A failure exit code of 1 was returned.
    User context: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM

Possible cause: Systems Management Server (SMS) determines status for each program it executes. If SMS cannot find or correlate any installation status Management Information Format (MIF) files for the program, it uses the program's exit code to determine status. An exit code of 1 is considered a failure.
    Solution: For more information on the exit code, refer to the documentation for the program you are distributing.
    This is my batch file. It is set to remove any existing versions off office 2010 first. I am trying to install on a machine that doesnt have it installed.

cscript OffScrub10.vbs ALL,OSE

setup.exe /adminfile "Updates\FPHS-Config.MSP"

set ProgramFilesPath=%ProgramFiles%
    "%ProgramFilesPath%\Common Files\microsoft shared\OfficeSoftwareProtectionPlatform\OSPPREARM. EXE"
    C:\Windows\system32\cscript.exe "%ProgramFilesPath%\Microsoft Office\Office14\ospp.vbs" /act
    set ProgramFilesPath=%ProgramFiles(x86)%
    "%ProgramFilesPath%\Common Files\microsoft shared\OfficeSoftwareProtectionPlatform\OSPPREARM. EXE"
    C:\Windows\system32\cscript.exe "%ProgramFilesPath%\Microsoft Office\Office14\ospp.vbs" /act
    Thanks
    Last edited by FN-GM; 3rd May 2012 at 10:16 AM.

Thank Post
    One snag I ran into, and knew I needed to set this way but can be lost in all the screens for configuration, is that if you don't state the package does not require the user to be logged on (default), while creating the program for the package in SCCCM, it won't populate when you go to create the install application task sequence (whats funny is we test for this condition but not if you actually checked the "can be called from a task box directly" but I chalk that up to learning
    Hope this helps folks!

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Sorry i dont quite understand

Thank Post
    The only pain with SCCM is that you can't make the advertisement run before the user logs on i.e. like GPO software deployment. Problem then becomes...

a) our machines don't sit at a login screen long enough to deploy "when no user is logged on"
    b) once a user is logged on they might be using Office when the advertisement is about to start

In the case of b) the upgrade seems to work OK even if a 2007 program is open (although if the user tries to save the document after a certain point it crashes). SCCM doesn't let you do custom message boxes either so not helpful there either. I did find a little notifier utility from Coretech but it's all hassle that should be built into the product. Don't think 2012 is any better in that respect as far as I know?

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by gshaw View Post
    The only pain with SCCM is that you can't make the advertisement run before the user logs on i.e. like GPO software deployment. Problem then becomes...

a) our machines don't sit at a login screen long enough to deploy "when no user is logged on"
    b) once a user is logged on they might be using Office when the advertisement is about to start

In the case of b) the upgrade seems to work OK even if a 2007 program is open (although if the user tries to save the document after a certain point it crashes). SCCM doesn't let you do custom message boxes either so not helpful there either. I did find a little notifier utility from Coretech but it's all hassle that should be built into the product. Don't think 2012 is any better in that respect as far as I know?
    We dont have that issue. The software is installing fine but just repoting back to SCCM 2007 incorrectly

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by FN-GM View Post
    We dont have that issue. The software is installing fine but just repoting back to SCCM 2007 incorrectly
    Out of interest what settings are you using for the Program (user logged on \ not logged on etc)

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by gshaw View Post
    Out of interest what settings are you using for the Program (user logged on \ not logged on etc)
    not logged on

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast