+ Post New Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Enterprise Software Thread, Deploying Office 2010 via SCCM in Technical; Originally Posted by Barren Made the change above... ran a build.. Office failed to load completely. In the past, it ...

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Barren View Post
    Made the change above... ran a build.. Office failed to load completely.

In the past, it would load, it would just wait till the 40 minute timer completed before finishing.

So... should I try a batch file instead or should I attempt to put "" around my path for the customization.msp file?
    Is the "1_customization.msp" file in the same folder as your setup.exe? if nto you need to specify the path to it eg
    Code:
    \\server\share\office2010\setup.exe /adminfile \\server\share\office2010\updates\1_customization.msp
    As for quotes - you should only really need them if there are any spaces - eg
    Code:
    /adminfile "\\server\share\office2010\my custom file.msp"
    Setup command-line options for Office 2010

you should be able to use a relative path:

Code:
    setup.exe /adminfile updates\1_customization.msp
    Last edited by Gatt; 22nd August 2012 at 08:16 PM.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Gatt View Post
    Is the "1_customization.msp" file in the same folder as your setup.exe? if nto you need to specify the path to it eg
    Code:
    \\server\share\office2010\setup.exe /adminfile \\server\share\office2010\updates\1_customization.msp
    As for quotes - you should only really need them if there are any spaces - eg
    Code:
    /adminfile "\\server\share\office2010\my custom file.msp"
    Setup command-line options for Office 2010

you should be able to use a relative path:

Code:
    setup.exe /adminfile updates\1_customization.msp
    The 1_customizations, is indeed in the updates folder. I'll try your last note and see if that works. I'd rather not specify a UNC path since this is setup on many deployment servers.

Thank Post
    Another note that if the MSP is called "default.msp" and in the update folder then all you need to do is run setup.exe and it will automatically use the default.msp

Once, I created 2 admin locations for Office - office2010_full (everything) and office2010_wordexcel (word and excel only) - each contained a different default.msp that either installed the whole shebang or just word and excel..

Thank Post
    A different failure this time.. and again, it didn't load. It's crazy... using just setup.exe, it loads just fine, the problem is that it never sends an exit code, so it keeps running till the timeout, then sccm kills the process. I'm wondering if a batch file isn't the way to go here. The problem is that you have to specify a direct path to a server, which is going to direct everyone of my clients to a single source instead of to their local distribution point.

Here is the current failure:

command line: setup.exe /adminfile updates\1_customization.msp

The program is called UDI Installer.

Thank Post
    if your using SCCM, then you should have office 2010 packaged and sitting on a DP..
    Have you tried running it outwith the UDI (never used this but I understand its an MDT tool?)

If your running it from a batch file - try prefixing the command with "start /w <office install command and options here>"

Thank Post
    Yeah, we're using SCCM. The UDI is basically just a boot CD with a nice interface to build a system, load OS, drivers, and choose what software you want to load. Just running setup.exe works fine, it just slows down the build process. I could reduce the timeout period from 40 minutes to 20... I assume that all my Win7 builds are fast enough to load office 2010 in under 20 minutes, but I hate that it gives me a red X in the applications installed tab at the end of the build process.

I find it odd that setup.exe is not sending a completion code to SCCM.... when I run just setup.exe, that is the problem. I think I'll try a batch file next. Something like this:

\\uncpath to a specific server\packages\officeinstaller\setup.exe /adminfile \\uncpath to specific server\packages\officeinstaller\updats\1_customiza tion.msp

Not happy about using a UNC path to a specific server, but I'm to the point where I'll try anything.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123