+ Post New Thread
Enterprise Software Thread, Sharepoint 2010 Issues in Technical; Hello All I am having issues with a sharepoint 2010 server. I have got to the stage where I am ...

Thank Post

Angry Sharepoint 2010 Issues

Hello All

I am having issues with a sharepoint 2010 server. I have got to the stage where I am banging my head against a brick wall lol

If there are any Sharepoint Administrators out there that what to earn some extra beer money, then please drop me a PM

(The issues is regards Search)

Thanks

Thank Post
    By any chance is this related to people being able to see files they shouldn't during search?

Steve

Thank Post
    Hi Steve

Nope, The issue I am having is even more basic lol :-)

Thank Post
    Ah Not our sharepoint admin, but curious what's wrong anyway

Steve

Thank Post
    haha Well I have just setup a new site, and for love nor money I cant get the search to work... See truly basic :-)

Even tho there are files there the search cant find anything.. Grrr

I am sure its easy if you know how...

Thank Post
    Have you enabled the full search in admin? From what I know it only indexes certain parts by default unless you click full index, or add the place it is.

Or is it in a default area anyway?

Steve

Thank Post
    Nope new site, not the default. the Crawl log is showing this error, but a) the site only hsa 1 user at the moment me, and 1 file so it cant be cos its busy

This item could not be crawled because the repository did not respond within the specified timeout period. Try to crawl the repository at a later time, or increase the timeout value on the proxy and time out page in search administration. You may also want to crawl the repository during off peak usage times.

Thank Post
    Microsoft never amaze me... The issue was due to the Proxy setting within I.E that I was using to connect to the Central Administration read below, I found this post after 4 hours of googleinn The part I have underlined is what you need to do, and what fixed it for me if anyone is having the same issues.

Sharepoint,Search,ISA

Today we solved a problem that “suddenly” search crawl stopped crawling

In the SharePoint Search Administration crawl log the following error appeared:

the start address cannot be crawled.
    Context: Application ‘Search index file on the search server’, Catalog ‘Search’

Details:
    This item could not be crawled because the repository did not respond within the specified timeout period. Try to crawl the repository at a later time, or increase the timeout value on the Proxy and Timeout page in search administration. You might also want to crawl this repository during off-peak usage times. (0x80040d7b)

Also the following errors appeared in the ULS Log:

CSTS3Accessor::InitURLType: Return error to caller, hr=80040D7B – File:d:\office\source\search\search\gather\protoco ls\sts3\sts3acc.cxx Line:1567
    ***** Couldn’t retrieve server Learn about .ORG Domain names and domain name registration - Domain.org policy, hr = 80040D7B – File:d:\office\source\search\search\gather\protoco ls\sts3\sts3util.cxx Line:558
    ****** Server portal.domain.org security initialization failed, hr = 80040D7B – File:d:\office\source\search\search\gather\protoco ls\sts3\sts3util.cxx Line:318

The site that needed to be crawled was located on another server, when we opened the website on that other server everything was fine and the site opened quickly. When we tried to open the site from the indexing server it took very long to open the website. Hosts file was okay, bindings where okay, we’ve increased the proxy timeout but all to no avail..

After trying again to open the remote website from the index server, I’ve checked the proxy settings in internet explorer and they were set to “Automatic Detect” so remembering all the issues I had with setting up Live@edu and ISA WPAD configurations, I disabled the “Automatic detect” and reopened internet explorer and browsed to the remote website. Now everything was quick and very fast! Ok, that was the right way to go..

Then I’ve changed the Automatic Proxy settings in web.config for the SSP and central admin to False and tried again to crawl, still the same issues
    Now..the solution to this issue is:

runas /profile /env /user:domain\ “c:\program files\internet explorer\iexplore.exe”
    Enter password and then go to the Tools –> Internet Options –> Connection –> Lan Settings and Remove the “Automatic detect settings”
    Close Internet Explorer and start the full crawl (or incremental). This time it works!

As soon as the proxy configuration is automated, you can see issues like this so if something suddenly breaks, check in your organization if the other section didn’t change anything in the network
    Last edited by IKWeb; 1st April 2012 at 05:55 PM.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread