+ Post New Thread
Enterprise Software Thread, Live@edu OLsync with existing users with Exchange 2003 Mailbox. No Live@edu Mailbox!! in Technical; Background is: I’m about to do a migration from Exchange 2003 to Live@edu. I have setup OLsync and have it ...
    Thank Post

Live@edu OLsync with existing users with Exchange 2003 Mailbox. No Live@edu Mailbox!!

Background is: I’m about to do a migration from Exchange 2003 to Live@edu. I have setup OLsync and have it importing a test set of users from AD.

I have an issue where all of the AD users that have an Exchange 2003 mailbox get put on to Live@edu as a “MailUser”. This means that they have no Mailbox on Live@edu.

But if I sync a user WITHOUT an Exchange 2003 mailbox to Live@edu it creates the user as a type “Mailbox”. So that user has a Mailbox on Live@edu and that’s what I want.

I had a good dig through OLsync and the Microsoft documentation but can’t find the answer to my question:

How do I force OLsync to make all users of type “Mailbox”? Because I don’t want any MailUsers created on Live@edu, just Mailboxs.

Thank Post
    Sounds like reasonable behaviour.. we're in the world of hybrid mail where organisations are supposed to move mailboxes between local and cloud at their leisure.

I don't know the answer because I haven't done OLSync, but I *suspect* when you migrate a mailbox via the Live@Edu ECP (ensure it is just one test mailbox!) from your local Exchange to Live@edu, the first thing it will do is turn that Live@Edu Mailuser into a Mailbox and then copy the Exchange mailbox content across. Having done that the Exchange mailbox and content still exists, but it is effectively turned into a Mailuser (forwards mail from Exchange to Live@Edu).

Again don't know for sure though.. I take it you are planning to move existing mailbox content accross?
    Last edited by PiqueABoo; 30th March 2012 at 11:40 AM.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MicrodigitUK View Post
    I have an issue where all of the AD users that have an Exchange 2003 mailbox get put on to Live@edu as a “MailUser”. This means that they have no Mailbox on Live@edu.

But if I sync a user WITHOUT an Exchange 2003 mailbox to Live@edu it creates the user as a type “Mailbox”. So that user has a Mailbox on Live@edu and that’s what I want.
    This is expected behaviour if, when setting up OLSync, you picked the option for an alreading existing Exchange installation (rather than just AD only).

If you're not looking to do any kind of shared address space, and just want every user in your AD to have a mailbox, then I'd advise re-installing OLsync picking the AD only option during setup.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread