+ Post New Thread
Enterprise Software Thread, Live@Edu - Routing Issues & Shared Address Space in Technical; ...
    Thank Post

Unhappy Live@Edu - Routing Issues & Shared Address Space

Afternoon everyone,

Iíve spent all afternoon trying to route mail through a shared address space on our on-site Exchange 2007 server and still no joy!!

My aim is to route mail through the on-site exchange to MS Live@Edu cloud but keeping the primary domain address. I have followed this guide: Configure a Shared Address Space with On-Premises Relay

The server can route mail via the Send Connector as I have tested this by sending an email to: UserA@live.domain.com

UserA has a mailbox on-site, I want to email the users primary domain (UserA@domain.com) then exchange to route to the cloud. I have read the article on adding the live.domain.com as a proxy address to the userís profile but the mail just gets delivered to the on-site mailboxÖÖ

I have to use shared address space because Iím still keeping staff hosted on-site.

I know Iím probably missing something; can anyone point me in the right direction?

Regards
    Matt

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MattGibson View Post
    but the mail just gets delivered to the on-site mailbox……
    Perhaps it's all different now but I think the problem is "on-site mailbox".

MailUser = Has mail properties but no mailbox.
    Mailbox = Has mail properties and a local mailbox.

I think UserA needs to be a MailUser which for the purposes of this scenario is effectively a fancy forwarding rule.

The trick is getting the forwarding, the UserA@domain.com->UserA@live.domain.com bit, sorted out via the proxyAddresses property of that MailUser. Don't know if there's a way in the GUI because I've only done shared address in powershell via new-mailuser, set-mailuser etc..

3. Thanks to PiqueABoo from:

MattGibson (9th March 2012)

Thank Post
    Thanks for this, your right I wasn't separating the two! - But it does make sense when you think about it.

Yes there is a GUI under 'Mail Contacts' if you want to do a few individually otherwise I'd use powershell to create them in bulk. Just found this article that will help me do this: How to create Exchange Mail Users in bulk using ‘Enable-MailUser’, you idiots ę The Angry Technician

Regards
    Matt

Thank Post
    Matt, I am trying to do the same at our College. Did you ever get this to work? I have been
    talking to 4 Microsoft engineers so far but I still can't send out to 'testemail@domain.ac.uk'
    although I can send to 'testemail@live.domain.ac.uk'. (I can send from both accounts to my
    onsite exchange test account). I have checked using our Exchange 'Message Tracking Center'
    tool and it is forwarding the mail to the Microsoft email smart host so I have a feeling that the
    problem is at the cloud end. Thanks in advance.

Steve Walker
    Stockton Sixth Form College.

QUOTE=MattGibson;800737]Thanks for this, your right I wasn't separating the two! - But it does make sense when you think about it.

Yes there is a GUI under 'Mail Contacts' if you want to do a few individually otherwise I'd use powershell to create them in bulk. Just found this article that will help me do this: How to create Exchange Mail Users in bulk using ‘Enable-MailUser’, you idiots ę The Angry Technician

Regards
    Matt[/QUOTE]

Thank Post
    Hi Steve,

Yes I did. If you want to PM me your email address I'll be happy to help\compare settings.

We configured the following: Mail Delivery to On-Site Exchange > If no mailbox then forward to Live

Regards
    Matt

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread