+ Post New Thread
Enterprise Software Thread, Sharepoint 2010 and Auto AD logon in Technical; Hi all, I'm trying to get a share point foundation 2010 site setup as use as a daily logon noticeboard ...

Thank Post

Sharepoint 2010 and Auto AD logon

Hi all,

I'm trying to get a share point foundation 2010 site setup as use as a daily logon noticeboard for staff, but I want to lock it down so only staff get it. obviously i can set it so people can logon to it when it opens up, but what i would rather like to happen is it to do a kerberos style logon automatically.

Anyone able to advise on this in a simple way?

Thank Post
    Hi James,

First post on here so be nice

I had a similar scenario with our sharepoint development. I needed to lock students out of the "StaffNet" web application. The easiest way I discovered is to goto Central Admin, Web Applications then select your web application and select "User Policy" from the ribbon. This is the only place in sharepoint that you can block users from sharepoint...

I would then use the AD group container for all your other users other than staff (if you have one) and select Deny All. You could in theory deny all for everyone then grant specific users access using this. Also be aware any permissions set using "User Policy" are set in stone. No permissions set in site collections will override them.

I am not sure if foundation allows the above but I would have thought so..

Cheers,
    Chris

Thank Post
    Hi Chris,

many thanks! Did you also manage to ge it so your teachers were automatically logged on if login on on the intranet network?

Thank Post
    I suppose it all depends on your domain configuration. If sharepoint is hosted on the same domain it should work via NTLM or Kerberous (if its been setup) by default. In our setup it auths with active directory instantly when they visit the sharepoint page.

What problem are you having? Are you being prompted for a login box when any user visits a sharepoint page internally?

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread