+ Post New Thread
Enterprise Software Thread, Exchange 2010 - changing ISP delivery in Technical; Morning, I am having major headaches with emails from btconnect.com which for some reason is not being delivered properly. I ...

Thank Post

Exchange 2010 - changing ISP delivery

Morning,

I am having major headaches with emails from btconnect.com which for some reason is not being delivered properly. I have done hundreds of tests, had a massive post on technet and experts exchange but cannot solve it... Zen aren't much help either.

So I decided I needed to rule Zen out of the equation and change my MX record to point to my second ADSL line so the mail would come through my other box into the school to my exchange server but I cannot get it to work, the MX record seems to have changed fine online.

I asked Zen and they said it was just a case of changing the MX record on the web console which I did and the mail appears to be hitting my exchange according to the smoothie logs but its not getting delivered. I cannot see where else I need to change the settings.. I have a PTR record on Zen also which I haven't changed yet btw.

Stumped as its suprising how many btconnect addresses there are. The weird thing is that my other line is a BT line so now I am paranoid that BT hates me

I am 95% certain its not an exchange issue.. its a new build and the same thing happened on my 2007 box
    I am 75% certain its not smoothwall
    I am 50% certain its not Zen
    I am 10% certain its not BT

So annoying when you can't sort this stuff out. BT's response was that I needed a return report no less than 48 hours old as they rotate there logs, which i sent them but then they said it wasn't a BT business customer so they couldn't help. Hate big companies.

Thank Post
    is your Rdns set correctly?

Thank Post
    Yes its points to the exchange server DNS name.. I wondered if it should point to mail.*domain name* like my MX record does.

Thank Post
    What about just trying to use telnet to talk to your Exchange box?
    Try a simple mail delivery using HELO/EHLO and see if that works?

I hate to state the bleeding obvious - but is your receive connector on Exchange set to allow anonymous users?

Thank Post
    The EHLO works fine on the exchange box. I will have a go when I get home to try it through the smoothwall box on the secondary connection.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Simcfc73 View Post
    Yes its points to the exchange server DNS name.. I wondered if it should point to mail.*domain name* like my MX record does.
    RDNS should point to you MX record i.e. mail.company.com and to the external IP of email server

Thank Post
    1. Send an email from your Exch Org to hotmail and check your external IP (last hop from env). Then check you r PTR record. If you can, forward me your domain info and I'll check it for you.
    2. Can you post/PM the NDR bt users get?
    3. Up the logging on your receive connector on Exch 2010 to verbose and see what the logs say (reproduce the issue).

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread