OK, I've flushed my DNS cache and whilst it seemed to have no effect the server has now started to deliver emails again, unprompted.... an intermittent problem? This is gonna hurt.
If your in the queue viewer just right click on the SMTP.WHATEVER and select retry. Pre-empting the automatic retry.
what about in the actions menu on the right?
Damn, problems back... Maybe this is a swgfl issue?
No it doesn't
Are you SWGFL aswell?
Ive just tried manually retrying the queue but the 451 4.4.0 DNS Query Failed error still returns.
Yes I am, I've just spoken to their techie people and they say they've had issues with emails and he got me to change the SMTP value in my exchange (Despite it seeming to work ok).
I changed it from "SMTP.beaminster.dorset.sch.uk" to "MX.SWGFL.IFL.NET" both resolve to the same IP but he said this seems to fix the issue.
FragglePete (4th May 2011)
Did you just change the smarthost in "Hub Transport" and "Outbound Mail" Properties?
Also do you get a response when pinging? mine just times out. but does resolve the IP
You shoudl try to ping your SMTP address (from your exchange server) it will fail to ping but should show that it resolves to mx.swgfl.ifl.net with an ip 220.127.116.11, it's a dynamic ip tho and Im not sure we all seee the same one.
You could also ring SWGFL support and have them walk you through changing the SMTP.
I will give them a call just in case.
Very weird but at least you got it working!
If you still have the issue...
1. Up the logging on your send connector and set to verbose. Post/PM the results
2. Seems like you're using a smart host to send out, perform telnet test to both smart hosts and out the results here
They got me to flush the dns on exchange which sorted the issues for 5 mins then it came back again so they got me to do the same as you. They acknowledge there is still an issue with using the original smarthost.
btw.. What is a smarthost?
i think its like a mail server that then relays the messages. Although im not 100% sure on that!!
1. Smarthosts is just another 'hop' the exchange server forwards emails to to deliever email. I suspect the reasons why you have this configured is so that additional AV/AS is completed by whoever owns this smarthost.
2. Is the issue still there?
3. If you're using the smarthost, confirm with them what type of smart host it is and if there's any HA?
4. If they have confirmed there's an issue with the smarthost, then there's nothing you can do, except bring it in house :-)
chazzy2501 (3rd May 2011)
Sheesh! This has happened to ours. Self Signed Certificate expired and I've been tweaking with them then found this thread! Crikey! Too tired now, will do more tomorrow.
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)