+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Enterprise Software Thread, Who has installed Zimbra ? in Technical; Originally Posted by Hightower Yeah, something called Class of Services in Zimbra - my docs show how I set up ...

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,068 Times in 625 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hightower View Post
    Yeah, something called Class of Services in Zimbra - my docs show how I set up a staff CoS and a student CoS, with different rules (like staff get 1GB where as students get 40mb).

As for web content filtering, I think you need a different solution for that (if I'm on the same wave length as you). I wouldn't install a proxy server to the zimbra server as they are completely different jobs, but if you are using VM's why not make a new VM with Ubuntu and stick Squid proxy on there. I did that about 3 years ago for a whitelist, and it works really well (which I also have install docs for)
    Like the idea of Squid - anything to keep costs down. I've not touched a nix box for a while so it may be worth myself installing that and trying it at home for my two boys as they are using the internet more and more now and I need better control. I can then transfer what I pick up on that to the school - [ if I am still here, so desporate to get out it's untrue ]

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    For proxying, I can recommend IPCop as a self-contained installable distro, with the Advproxy and URLFilter addons. We've been using it on the same desktop-grade box since 2005 - rock solid and just works.

3. Thanks to webman from:

mattx (25th January 2011)

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by webman View Post
    For proxying, I can recommend IPCop as a self-contained installable distro, with the Advproxy and URLFilter addons. We've been using it on the same desktop-grade box since 2005 - rock solid and just works.
    How do you have that setup @webman? Do you use a green & red interface? How are those interfaces configured?

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Yes, green and red only. Green is our LAN, and the Red is a mini-DMZ comprised of the Magicbox (ISP router, for those not in Durham LEA) and legacy video conferencing equipment.

Thank Post
    Do you have SSO/AD Auth working with this?

Thank Post
    Yes, green and red only. Green is our LAN, and the Red is a mini-DMZ comprised of the Magicbox (ISP router, for those not in Durham LEA) and legacy video conferencing equipment.
    Is this the only way to do this? ie green and red can't be in the same subnet right? or it wont work as a proxy with just a green will it?

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Alis_Klar: Yes, totally transparent. Proxy is running on port 8080, and authentication configured as Windows. Domain/PDC/BDC are just the simple short format (no dots or IPs).

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Hightower View Post
    Is this the only way to do this? ie green and red can't be in the same subnet right? or it wont work as a proxy with just a green will it?
    It definitely won't work with red and green on the same subnet, as it acts as a router/default gateway as well. As far as I know, it won't work with just a green interface.

Thank Post
    It definitely won't work with red and green on the same subnet, as it acts as a router/default gateway as well. As far as I know, it won't work with just a green interface.
    Shame - liked the look of it, but don't want to go messing with DMZ's and things

Thank Post
    ZIMBRA DOES SUCK!!! Took over Lycos mail, no spam filter lost dozens of saved messages, some with legal content I.E. Conformation #s, Order #s, correspondence with state agencies. POUNDED by SPAM! 161 the very first day. How could this possibly be considered better? FYI you can tell by the grammar that there must only be a P.O.

Thank Post
    Anyone here that have some links or info about:
    * Migrating from Exchange (or Lotus Notes) to Zimbra?
    * How to cluster a Zimbra server in a way that it is silent for Outlook client?

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12