+ Post New Thread
Enterprise Software Thread, Email Migration from MailSite to Exchange 2007 in Technical; Guys, we currently are using Rockliffe MailSite 9.0.1 as our company email and currently trying to migrate to Exchange Server ...

Thank Post

Email Migration from MailSite to Exchange 2007

Guys, we currently are using Rockliffe MailSite 9.0.1 as our company email and currently trying to migrate to Exchange Server 2007. I am finding a way to migrate all mailboxes and emails to this new Exchange.
    Facts: The Mailsite is webmail and using IMAP4.

Can anybody help me on how to do this migration? I tried the Microsoft Transporter but did not work for us. Any suggestions?

3. Thanks to SYNACK from:

FragglePete (21st March 2009)

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    I'm in the process of planning the migration from mDaemon to Exchange 2007. Hoping to do the process over the Easter break for Staff.

The transport suite should do what I need, mDaemon allows you to export a csv file with each account details, (username, mailbox, password, etc) and now that I've matched all the accounts up with each alias in the AD in another csv file, I should be able to use Transporter to migrate. Fingers crossed!!!

Good excuse for a spring clean, I've managed to identify about 40 e-mail accounts that are abandoned along with clearing out old AD accounts that were never deleted with staff leaving (or dying!).

As for students, I'm just giving them fresh new mailboxes each year now.

Best of luck

Pete

Thank Post

Transport

Pete,

PLEASE LET ME LKNOW IF IT WORKED FOR YOU. OURS JUST GIVING OUT ERRORS. THANKS.

Thank Post

Transporter

hey guys, I was able to make the Transporter work on the Exchange 2007. It was just a simple supidity on my part but when it migrated, it was really quick. The only thing I was not able to check is if it migrates the Contacts as well since I did not have anything in my Addressbook. Will keep you guys posted on the progress.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by chris_sanagustin View Post
    Pete,

PLEASE LET ME LKNOW IF IT WORKED FOR YOU. OURS JUST GIVING OUT ERRORS. THANKS.
    Initial testing to day, does not look good.

For some reason using POP, I just get -ERR Maildrop is locked errors, and trying to use MAPI it seems to work but not all e-mails are coming across even though it says they have. Also, seems to be a 4Mb limit on individual e-mails.

Now looking at alternatives.

Pete

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Ah, now this is interesting.......

Been connecting from home, and playing around determined to sort this out. Got to the point of desperation of trying different options, unchecking boxes, disabling mailboxes, re-create the mailbox, etc, etc.

However, I've just managed to migrate a test account and everything came accross, except for calendars and don't know about contacts as I did not have any of those on that account. Previous attempts, it did not work. The only thing I did differently was NOT check 'Specify Client Access Server' and things came accross ok.

Now, this could be down to certificates (as seems to be the case in all things Exchange 2007), as I was getting warning messages about invalid certificates during the migration. I don't have a certificate installed yet, still running on self signed for now. Without the check box ticked above, I got two lots of 'warning' messages instead of one, but yet all e-mail transferred ok. Odd.

Also followed the guide mentioned previously; Migrating from POP/IMAP to Exchange Server 2007 using Microsoft Transport Suite (Part 1), and ensured I did the impersonate permissions step correctly.

Tired now, and on the Exchange course in Worcester for the next three days to learn how to do things properly so I'll take another gander at this on Monday, but looking promising.....

HTH

Pete

Thank Post
    Cool! Yup, the only problem I have right now is to migrate the Calendar and Contacts. Plus, I needed to increase the maximum Attachment to 25MB since some emails have big attachments. One more thing, the computer that hosts the Transporter needs a big amount of disk space and memory since it keeps a log of every transaction.

zag
    Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    I always thought it would be easier to export all the mail boxes to pst files and then start a new email system from scratch. then just re-attach the pst files over time to user accounts.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ittech View Post
    I always thought it would be easier to export all the mail boxes to pst files and then start a new email system from scratch. then just re-attach the pst files over time to user accounts.
    95% of users don't use Outlook, just the web based client that comes with MDaemon. Can't create .PST files from that system (unless I'm missing something). Have to extract e-mails via POP or IMAP and 'inject' them into their mailboxes on the Exchange Server.

Pete

Thank Post

Error starting the microsoft transport suite

Sorry for hi-jacking this thread, but has anyone had any problems tryiny to start the migration off? I have exchange 2007 SP1 installed with mmc3 and powershell etc. I start the application and choose the csv file and it then lists the users i wish to migrate. I right click on one of them to test with, and it then bombs out with "mmc has detected an error in a snap-in and will unload it".

I then get the option to either report this error to microsoft or to unload the snap-in and continue running.

Neither actually make it import funnily enough!

Any thoughts would be greatfully accepted.

Phil

Thank Post
    Please tell me you found a fix for this somewhere else I am banging my head trying to figure it out. If you did can you post it here and be my hero

Quote Originally Posted by feelingsmart View Post
    Sorry for hi-jacking this thread, but has anyone had any problems tryiny to start the migration off? I have exchange 2007 SP1 installed with mmc3 and powershell etc. I start the application and choose the csv file and it then lists the users i wish to migrate. I right click on one of them to test with, and it then bombs out with "mmc has detected an error in a snap-in and will unload it".

I then get the option to either report this error to microsoft or to unload the snap-in and continue running.

Neither actually make it import funnily enough!

Any thoughts would be greatfully accepted.

Phil

Thank Post
    I feel like this guy

Thank Post

Thank Post

fixed it

Okay I have a solution, apparently Microsoft has not updated this program to work with windows 7 (tested 32 bit and 64 bit) I have it confirmed working on XP, not sure if vista works but I might try it next. I also found some documentation for the app that does not list window 7 as a supported OS, It does list vista but IDK if that works. There you go internet, your welcome.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread