+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Enterprise Software Thread, Moving email to Google in Technical; Hey Guys So I have it all setup , everything is activated and currently I'm on the admin dashboard, I ...

Thank Post
    Hey Guys

So I have it all setup , everything is activated and currently I'm on the admin dashboard, I then clicked on Users to start adding users but it said I only have a limit of 10? Eh? I'm sure I'm doing something wrong here can someone point it our for me!?

Cheers

Thank Post
    If I remember right you have to request more. Also have you looked at directory sync? It will mirror your ad users creating email address groups etc

Thank Post

Thank Post
    I needed to request more too, the ten is handy while you're having a play, good luck with the new interface

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,769 Times in 1,191 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by abillybob View Post
    Hey Guys

So I have it all setup , everything is activated and currently I'm on the admin dashboard, I then clicked on Users to start adding users but it said I only have a limit of 10? Eh? I'm sure I'm doing something wrong here can someone point it our for me!?

Cheers
    If I remember correctly, Google Apps Free Edition (which you get when you initially setup) has the 10 users limit, once you have been verified as an educational institution you are upgraded to Google Apps for Education and the cap is lifted.

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,813 Times in 2,076 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sparkeh View Post
    If I remember correctly, Google Apps Free Edition (which you get when you initially setup) has the 10 users limit, once you have been verified as an educational institution you are upgraded to Google Apps for Education and the cap is lifted.
    The free edition was discontinued over a year ago.

http://www.zdnet.com/google-kills-of...ng-7000008467/

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Arthur View Post
    The free edition was discontinued over a year ago.

Google kills off free Google Apps offering | ZDNet
    Oh ok, but I think the scenario still stands, we had to wait until we had confirmation that our school status has been confirmed.

Thank Post
    How do you get confirmed do you know? I have emailed Google and hopefully they'll get back to me but it may take a while!

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    How do you get confirmed do you know? I have emailed Google and hopefully they'll get back to me but it may take a while!
    From https://support.google.com/a/answer/2856827
    After you sign up, you have access to a 30-day free trial of Google Apps for Education. You will receive an email confirming that your application for the full version of Google Apps for Education is under review. Note that Google can take up to 2 weeks to verify your eligibility for Google Apps for Education.
    Ok the logic has slightly changed from what I posted above, rather than upgrading from Free Edition (as happened with us) you get a 30 day trial and are then upgraded to the full Education Edition.

Did you get the email saying your application was under review? If so then its a case of waiting.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sparkeh View Post
    Ok the logic has slightly changed from what I posted above, rather than upgrading from Free Edition (as happened with us) you get a 30 day trial and are then upgraded to the full Education Edition.

Did you get the email saying your application was under review? If so then its a case of waiting.
    I actually found this https://support.google.com/a/answer/..._topic=4364675 it would seem you now have to contact them and request more user accounts to be enabled a bit like Microsoft and their VLSC thing!

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    I actually found this https://support.google.com/a/answer/..._topic=4364675 it would seem you now have to contact them and request more user accounts to be enabled a bit like Microsoft and their VLSC thing!
    Wow seems like a lot might have changed since I set it up, I provisioned about 700 users in one shot once the school status had been confirmed.

Sorry if led you astray but I never came up against the limit thing.

Thank Post
    We have our domain set up and verified and SLT have been using Google Mail since just after Xmas (incoming SLT mails to our Exchange server are forwarded on to Google).

We'll be moving the whole kit and kaboodle over in August so I shall watch this thread with interest.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12