+ Post New Thread
Enterprise Software Thread, Sophos not updating in Technical; Hi, I have recently moved our Sophos Enterprise Console onto a new Server 2008 rt machine and it all seems ...
    Thank Post

Sophos not updating

Hi,

I have recently moved our Sophos Enterprise Console onto a new Server 2008 rt machine and it all seems to be working except for the update policy.

I have the policy set to update from the recommended location and have our Administrator account for the username and password. Is this correct?

This is a copy of the updating log as well. I assume I am using the wrong credentials or something similar.

Time: 12/06/2014 09:23:31
    Message: Could not connect to the server. Check that this computer is connected to the network and that Sophos AutoUpdate is configured to update from the correct location with the correct credentials and proxy details (if required)
    Module: CIDUpdate
    Process ID: 7952
    Thread ID: 8820

Message: Downloading product Sophos AutoUpdate from server \\[SERVERNAME]\SophosUpdate\CIDs\S000\SAVSCFXP\

Message: Could not add a connection to server \\[SERVERNAME]\SophosUpdate; user Administrator; Windows error 1326
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thank Post
    If you pop that URL into a web browser, can you get to the page and login with those credentials? You should then see the files it needs to download?

Thank Post
    personally i wouldnt use administrator as all the user needs is read access to \\server\SophosUpdate anyway and iirc it stores the password you use in the registry of client pcs so if you use the admin account it may be possible for someone to retrieve your admin password

to me it looks like youve typod the password or the user dosent have access to the share (or the share dosent exist) also with administrator specifically wont that try and upadte using the local pcs administrator account rather than domain\administrator? the same as on a win7 box typing in administrator cghanges the logon domain to that pc rather than the domain.

First thing id try is create a user called sophosupdate or something as a domain user give it access to the share and try that as the update account AND makes sure the box is filled in domain\sophosupdate not just sophosupdate

Thank Post
    @sted thanks for that. Is the Sophos Update Manager account suitable for this? I had tried the account with domain\username as well hence the change to see if it would work! Does the update account only need read access to the sophosUpdate folder?

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by KoolTech View Post
    @sted thanks for that. Is the Sophos Update Manager account suitable for this? I had tried the account with domain\username as well hence the change to see if it would work! Does the update account only need read access to the sophosUpdate folder?
    as far as i remember yes its one of those things i do without thinking and i still use the old emlibuser1 account name for ease of memory and ive just checked its just a member of domain users thats it

6. Thanks to sted from:

KoolTech (12th June 2014)

Thank Post
    @sted thats the one mate!! Knew it would be something simple I was just going round in circles, cheers mate

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by KoolTech View Post
    @sted thats the one mate!! Knew it would be something simple I was just going round in circles, cheers mate
    no problem weve all been there

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread