+ Post New Thread
Enterprise Software Thread, WSUS Complete Clean Removal and Re-install - Server 2012 R2 SP1 x64 in Technical; I have been attempting to install WSUS on Server 2012 R2 SP1 x64 with a few Hiccups. Firstly I believe ...

Thank Post

WSUS Complete Clean Removal and Re-install - Server 2012 R2 SP1 x64

I have been attempting to install WSUS on Server 2012 R2 SP1 x64 with a few Hiccups.
    Firstly I believe it went well until I realised System Center Essentials 2010 installs its own WSUS version and uninstalled it.
    System Center refused to install thereafter due to WSUS still being present after I had uninstalled it, however any attempt to clean it has been futile.
    The only documentation I can find is in reference to Server 2012 not R2 and msiexec uninstall string for x64 isn't recognised.
    I have deleted the iis entries and any registry reg entries I can find to no avail.
    Out of interest I attempted to reinstall WSUS via Server Manager only to be presented with an error relating to an Invalid Installation Directory.
    This I can partially put down to it being a DC which isn't recommended of course. As far as I know either WSUS or System Center Essentials should still work regardless just not efficiently.

Can anyone confirm whether I'm wrong about this?

I require either solution but am happy just to get WSUS up and running and utilize an alternate solution to System Center.

Thank you for any advice.

Thank Post
    Honestly, your best bet here is to probably format and reinstall - it will save you time and sanity rather than trying to find obscure registry entries or running commands. If you can, install your software on a second member server, or test in a VM. Leave your DC's alone as much as possible.

Thank Post
    Thank you for the reply.
    Unfortunately there are few options available other than a database server to install on.
    I think I may have found the culprit but haven't had a chance to reinstall yet.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread