+ Post New Thread
Enterprise Software Thread, SCCM 2012 SP1 Software Updates Group Question in Technical; I'm trying to get my head around our SCCM setup. I am coming in to this with most things already ...

Thank Post

SCCM 2012 SP1 Software Updates Group Question

I'm trying to get my head around our SCCM setup. I am coming in to this with most things already setup and I took a course on SCCM a while back.

When I am looking at all the software updates (in the Software Library / Software Updates), and more exact, the "Software Update Groups", I see a lot of computers there that I didn't expect.

For example, under a software update group named "Win 8 Updates" where I know there are only 80 some windows 8 computers, under "Statistics" (once I click on that group) I see a Total Asset Count of 7,284 computers. If I go to the Monitoring section and check that deployment for the update, I do see a smaller number (not the 7,284 computers).

Is it normal to see pretty much all the computers in the system under the Software Library section?

Just wondering if I am chasing something that isn't a problem. To me it seems to me that if we are pushing out updates only to our Windows 8 computers (by selecting that device group) it is still checking all the other computers and marking most of them as compliant because it doesn't need the updates.

Every software update group we have all reports total asset count of being the same 7,284 computers. No matter how many computers are in the deployment.

Any thoughts (if I didn't confuse everyone)?

Thank you, James.

Thank Post
    I reached out to a couple counter parts at school boards near me. I was able to confirm that this was normal. The section I was talking about is supposed to show all computers that have the SCCM client installed.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread

Thread Information