+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Enterprise Software Thread, Sophos anyone? in Technical; I used Sophos in Primary School Pretty Easy to deploy and Manage. Now System Center Endpoint Protection in the Secondary ...
    Thank Post
    I used Sophos in Primary School Pretty Easy to deploy and Manage. Now System Center Endpoint Protection in the Secondary Managed Via SCCM. Come free with EES licence.

Thank Post
    Yes it will install to a machine that's rebuilt with same name, was doing just that this week, you can sync Sophos to ous in your ad so say every hour it would Scan those ous and try to install to any machine without Sophos installed, it's a pretty good feature IMO.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by robjduk View Post
    will it install the client on a machine which has been rebuilt? An occasional annoyance in the past has been Kaspersky not understanding the client was new due to its name being the same and not bothering to reinstall which is why I moved to MSI deployment with it.
    Sophos provide a command line install string which you can use, I've added this to the end of my image deployment as a custom action and it works a treat.

Thank Post
    Well I will see what the pricing comes back as and see what I can do as you all seem quite positive on the experience. Thanks all.

On a quick note / dig... I can think of another piece of software which could benefit from scanning the network to see it needs to install the client *cough* solus 3 *cough*

Thanks all

Thank Post
    ours deploys via gpo, so all domain joined pc's get it automagically...the time where it flagged itself as a virus and quarantined itself was a bit of a black eye. When they call me for renewal I'll make sure that is figured into our renewal price as it did cause a rather massive headache....

Thank Post
    @DaveP I'm currently trying to get login times down. Seems like sophos is adding 30-40 secs.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cache View Post
    Sophos provide a command line install string which you can use, I've added this to the end of my image deployment as a custom action and it works a treat.
    Can you share the command line?

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Sure, this is what I currently have in the setupcomplete.cmd file for our deployment:

Code:
    start /wait "" \\SERVERNAME\SophosUpdate\CIDs\S000\ESXP\setup.exe -mng yes -crt R -updp \\SERVERNAME\SophosUpdate\CIDs\S000\ESXP\ -ouser OBFUSCATEDUSERNAME -opwd OBFUSCATEDPASSWORD -s -ni
    The command line is built up from this KB: Command line parameters used by Setup.exe and the Obfuscated Username/Password created using this KB: Obfuscating the username and password in Enterprise Console

Worked pretty well for the last 2 years I've used it and cna be expanded further to put them in the correct Sophos groups if you need it too (I just move after I've done new deployments).

9. Thanks to Cache from:

chris_uk (16th April 2014)

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by free780 View Post
    @DaveP I'm currently trying to get login times down. Seems like sophos is adding 30-40 secs.
    anyone else experiencing this? I got pricing for Sophos the other day and while impressive compared to Kaspersky, Kaspersky has little to no effect on logon speed.

Thank Post
    My login times are around 30 to 40 seconds but we dont use mandatory profiles, its only local so it takes about 30 to 40 seconds to create the profile.

I have however noticed that sophos on client machines is using about 150 ~ 180 mb of memory.

Thank Post
    I use roaming too and apart from the initial login its about 30-60 seconds here depending on device. Any mention of extra login times or huge resource use will put me off quick.

Thank Post
    We use Sophos with roaming profs and logon times are around 30 to 40 secs for first time logon, pretty much instant thereafter, which seems pretty average? And see it regularly using between 100/200 mb ish ram on our desktops. Neither logon or ram usage are an issue IMHO for us.

Thank Post
    + 1 Sophos Enterprise Managed Console + Encryption Software Safeguard 5.6 for the Teacher Laptops easy to deploy managed and licensing costs is for Education is good

Thank Post
    It may be something in the exclusions that needs changing. We have local and roaming profiles. Local profiles take an age on the staff domain.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12