+ Post New Thread
Enterprise Software Thread, Issue with hidden Mail Contacts used in Distribution Group/ Security Group in Technical; I've added a few contacts 9 (about 6) to be used in a group, I've created the Mail Universal Distribution ...

Thank Post

Exclamation Issue with hidden Mail Contacts used in Distribution Group/ Security Group

I've added a few contacts 9 (about 6) to be used in a group, I've created the Mail Universal Distribution Group, I've also ticked the "hide from Exchange address lists" option for each contact, as we don't wan't our students to be able to send to them.

However doing this, stops them from showing in the Mail Distribution Group, which means no contacts show up when someone wants to send a message to the group.

does anyone have any ideas why this is happening ?

I have done this before using Exchange 2007, but since we upgraded to 2010, it doesn't work !

Am i missing something out here ?

I hope i explained it enough if not, please let me know and i'll make an effort to explain in more detail.

Thanks

Paul S

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by cygnes View Post
    I've added a few contacts 9 (about 6) to be used in a group, I've created the Mail Universal Distribution Group, I've also ticked the "hide from Exchange address lists" option for each contact, as we don't wan't our students to be able to send to them.

However doing this, stops them from showing in the Mail Distribution Group, which means no contacts show up when someone wants to send a message to the group.

does anyone have any ideas why this is happening ?

I have done this before using Exchange 2007, but since we upgraded to 2010, it doesn't work !

Am i missing something out here ?

I hope i explained it enough if not, please let me know and i'll make an effort to explain in more detail.

Thanks

Paul S
    I had a similar issue and the only way around I could find in 2010 was to create a new GAL for Students only. It seems a bit of a hammer to fix a small problem but you do get other benefits from using 2 GALs.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread