+ Post New Thread
Enterprise Software Thread, Issues with OWA after Exchange 2010 SP3 installation in Technical; Hey guys! Recently we upgraded our exchange 2010 to SP3. We then began to notice issues with OWA, here are ...
    Thank Post

Issues with OWA after Exchange 2010 SP3 installation

Hey guys!

Recently we upgraded our exchange 2010 to SP3. We then began to notice issues with OWA, here are the specifics:

• Emails not showing until a refresh is done
    • Inbox or other folders staying bold after all emails have been read and counter staying on its pre unread number until refresh is done

Sending and receiving isn't an issue, however OWA is acting as above, we initially thought it was an issue with IE11 on Win 7 but I have tried that externally and it works fine at home, internally owa will not function correctly until we found a machine with IE9 on it, that works perfectly.

We have also tested with Firefox and that also does not work properly.

Has anyone else experienced these issues?

Thank Post
    Yep, we've got the same here, had it for while now, none of the MS fixes worked, the last suggestion was to re-build exchange! Staff know to refresh the page, not ideal I know but the school are talking about Google Mail or 365 so I'll leave it until they make a decision........not much help I know but at least you're not alone.

Thank Post
    Yea that isn't an option for us right now unfortunately heh.. and the amount of bitching we have going on over having to manually refresh is a joke...

I am searching google to no avail, is there no official word from MS on this?

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluetooth View Post
    Yea that isn't an option for us right now unfortunately heh.. and the amount of bitching we have going on over having to manually refresh is a joke...

I am searching google to no avail, is there no official word from MS on this?
    Yeah we had all the moaning for a few weeks, gone quiet now thankfully.

Thank Post
    we're going to attempt making a new OWA url and directory on a new server tomorrow, I will let you know how we get on.

Otherwise, if anyone else wants to comment please do, this is a massively frustrating issue!

Thank Post
    Unfortunately using another owa server did not resolve the issue, however we have found that using HTTPS for OWA works perfectly as it should, however using non HTTPS causes the issues to arise.

We are going to submit this to MS and see what their take on it is. Will update this when we get information back from MS

Thank Post
    @Vegas

We have solved our issues in regards to this, I don't know how helpful it will be for you but its here for you if you want.

We found our issue was to do with the console we had made not working in the correct version of IE.

The fix is as follows:

Browse to HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\MAIN\FeatureControl\FEATURE_BROWSER_EMULA TION using regedit
    Create a key with the same name of the exe you are using (we have a custom made email console made in visual studio using a simple web browser object called SJFConsole.exe)
    Change the value to decimal and enter 9000 as the value

This sets the web browser object to run at IE10 instead of IE7.

AS I said I don't know how helpful this will be to you mate but it has solved our problems and email is working perfectly again

B

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluetooth View Post
    @Vegas

We have solved our issues in regards to this, I don't know how helpful it will be for you but its here for you if you want.

We found our issue was to do with the console we had made not working in the correct version of IE.

The fix is as follows:

Browse to HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\MAIN\FeatureControl\FEATURE_BROWSER_EMULA TION using regedit
    Create a key with the same name of the exe you are using (we have a custom made email console made in visual studio using a simple web browser object called SJFConsole.exe)
    Change the value to decimal and enter 9000 as the value

This sets the web browser object to run at IE10 instead of IE7.

AS I said I don't know how helpful this will be to you mate but it has solved our problems and email is working perfectly again

B
    Thanks I'll give it a go.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread