+ Post New Thread
Enterprise Software Thread, Office Web Apps not quite working in Technical; I've setup Office Web Apps to work with a SharePoint 2013 server but I'm still missing something as it won't ...

Thank Post

Office Web Apps not quite working

I've setup Office Web Apps to work with a SharePoint 2013 server but I'm still missing something as it won't quite work yet. When I try to open a document such as a Word document on the SharePoint site, it tries to open in Web Apps, but then it errors out.

The error message heading is "Microsoft Word Web App" and the body of the error says "Sorry, there was a problem and we can't open this document. If this happens again, try opening the document in Microsoft Word."

I'm not a SharePoint admin and setting up Web Apps has been a total learning experience for me. So I'm totally in the dark about how to troubleshoot this and fix it. Any help would be appreciated.

Jonathan

Thank Post
    I'm just browsing for another issue I'm having and saw this, have a look here: Configure Office Web Apps for SharePoint 2013

Hope that helps.

3. Thanks to 7UD9 from:

JLeslie (21st February 2014)

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by 7UD9 View Post
    I'm just browsing for another issue I'm having and saw this, have a look here: Configure Office Web Apps for SharePoint 2013

Hope that helps.
    Thanks for your reply, but that is one of the main documents I used for setting up Office Web Apps. Its troubleshooting section is fairly sparse and while it does mention the error I'm getting, their answer is something I had already checked. I've looked in the error logs on the server and based on what I'm seeing there and the results of researching those errors, I'm coming to the conclusion that the problem is with the certificate since I'm using an https site, not http (the client wants access mainly from outside the LAN). My research indicates that the internal host domain must be in the SAN of the certificate. However that is not possible because new certificate rules state that you cannot include NetBIOS names of servers and private domain names such as domain.local in the SAN of certificates anymore. And the errors on the server certainly look to me as if the private domain name is involved.

So this seems to be an impasse and I don't know how to fix it.

Jonathan

Thank Post
    Ah ok, thought I'd paste it while I was here just in case

I've read a little about the cert issue regarding the new rules coming in. I didn't see any resolutions to that, good luck!

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread