+ Post New Thread
Enterprise Software Thread, Outlook 2013 + exchange 2013. Frustrating issue. in Technical; I'm going to stick to one user in particular here: Got a user who has a roaming profile, and working ...
    Thank Post

Outlook 2013 + exchange 2013. Frustrating issue.

I'm going to stick to one user in particular here:
    Got a user who has a roaming profile, and working in an office she has local admin to her PC too. On her outlook she has two exchange acounts, one for the account attached her AD account, and a separate one for the public school email account.

When she opens outlook it asks her for her login details every time, regardless of whether we tell it to save them or not.

Also when she goes to the public one and goes to forward an email it's taking her signature from her main email account, whereas in the signature options we have her set up to default to no signature for the public account.

Can anyone give me any advice on this? I've tried remaking the outlook profile multiple times with different connection options, and i can't seem to get this to work.

Thank Post
    Do you have to keep entering the password multiple times before it accepts it by any chance?

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by heyjim View Post
    Do you have to keep entering the password multiple times before it accepts it by any chance?
    Just once, but i might have found the solution!

Control panel > credentials manager > deleted everything to do with their outlook credentials.

Added them in again using the address: MS.Outlook:user@domain.net and that appears to have got rid of the username and password box popping up AND solved the signature issue. Just waiting for that user to log off and back on again soon to find out of that setting will keep.

Interestingly that'd explain why this issue occured for me, because our usernames are in the form of bloggsj for example, so emails in the past have always been bloggsj@domain.net whereas last year we changed this to the heads request so that everyone defaults to firstnamelastname@domain.net instead, so in credential manager their credentials were still for the old email account.

Thank Post
    Back to the drawing board....that fixed it for a few hours, she was able to log off and back on and it kept the settings fine. A few hours later she's closed outlook, gone to open it again and surprise surprise there's the password box again >_<

Thank Post
    The issue I had was kind of similar but it doesn't really seem to fit in with your problem.

Basically we have 1 user who uses both the onsite Exchange server for 1 e-mail address and Office 365 for another and the password prompt kept popping up every time they opened Outlook. If they entered it enough times, it would go away but come back a few hours later. We rang MS and they said run this:

reg add HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\15.0\O utlook\AutoDiscover /v ExcludeScpLookup /t reg_dword /d 1 /f

And that worked! Worth a try!

6. Thanks to heyjim from:

mrbios (15th January 2014)

Thank Post
    Thanks hyjim, i'll keep that one in mind.

I've just removed her outlook profile and started completely from a fresh template. Added her main account, tested that worked fine which it did. Then added in the public mailbox second and this time it popped up asking for the user account for the admin mailbox only, which is a step forward. Then in credential manager i've added MS.Outlook.15:user@domain.net and that appears to have worked. Restarted her PC, logged back in and she's sorted.

Only time will tell as to wether it works permanently this time.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread