+ Post New Thread
Enterprise Software Thread, Sophos woes yet again :-( in Technical; Have updated the console to 5.2 (went through and updated via each version upgrade and all went well I presumed ...
    Thank Post

Sophos woes yet again :-(

Have updated the console to 5.2 (went through and updated via each version upgrade and all went well I presumed as no errors) in the summer and now I see it has never updated since then! Used the error tool and the first error it logs (I presume all following ones are due to the first error) is:

15/09/2013 17:28:21 Error Synchronize operation failed when synchronizing product release 'Windows Endpoint Security and Control'. Details: Cannot create stream 29b76d41562ed04639b96191ba05ca1fx000.xml

The logins to our update location are correct, I can get to the location path etc but just cant get it to update. It says downloading binaries, then reports software deliver fails then another message about threat detection failing. Have searched on here and cant see the wood for the trees honestly and I am ending up clutching at straws (can you tell the level of desperation?). Anyway and anyone point me in the 'simpletons' direction of getting it working again...or can I do a repair or even a reinstall?

Just changed my subscription to 10.0 Recomended (I had the latest 10.2 selected to see if that made any difference at first) and I get the following as the first error of a series of messages in the error tool:

15/09/2013 17:42:41 Error Synchronize operation failed when synchronizing product release 'Sophos Patch Server'. Details: Cannot create stream 7f8acc562fd796ba43e8dc4441ba0394x000.xml

Thank Post
    Couple of common notions from searching online about this:

- Content filtering blocking the downloads
    - It just being corrupt and angry -

This is the solution provided by Sophos Support:

Open Sophos Control Center.
    Click Configure Updating.
    Remove the checks from Windows 2000 and above and click Ok.
    Click back in to Configure Updating.
    Check Windows 2000 and above and click Ok.
    Click Update Now in Control Center which should force 10.2 to be downloaded and allow the Control Center to update.

SEC not updating since 27/11/2012 - SophosTalk community

Thank Post
    Will give that a go again later but I did try that as one solution I thought might help before all to no avail. I like the 'It just being corrupt and angry', that just probably sums it all up. Knew the update went far to straight forward. At another school I spent ages uninstalling, getting rid of Sophos bits it leaves, databases it leaves connected etc and did a new install...that is just forking fine and goes through the same filtering systems so that's not the issue.

Thank Post
    Good luck

Thank Post
    Nope, no go there. Disconnected the policy from client group, removed setting, saved it, added it back, update failed...it must still be angry!

Thank Post
    Not ideal but can you do a clean install? From my past experience with Soohos, when it goes wrong, it goes very wrong. You'd probably waste more time trying to convince it to work.

Thank Post
    Can do but it's never a nice experience getting rid of it as I found out on another server in the summer which is why I did the upgrade instead on this one. Any suggestions how to get rid of it or is there a 'fix me' button on the add/remove program's?

Thank Post
    Do you use the yhgfl update location? If so what do you currently have it set to? When I upgraded I forgot to change from libraryv4 to libraryv5. The full update path is http://sophos.yhgfl.net/libraryv5

If not using yhgfl ignore this.

9. Thanks to bladedanny from:

TechSupp (15th September 2013)

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by bladedanny View Post
    Do you use the yhgfl update location? If so what do you currently have it set to? When I upgraded I forgot to change from libraryv4 to libraryv5. The full update path is http://sophos.yhgfl.net/libraryv5

If not using yhgfl ignore this.
    Argh! You could have got it there, yes we are on YHGfL and yes it currently points to v4! Will alter that and fingers crossed you nailed it!

Thank Post
    Hope so, I was banging my had against the wall for a week before I realised it had changed. There's a message on sophos.yhgfl.net about it now.

Thank Post
    Had posted a message on the Sophos forum and they pointed me to a kB article about that error message saying the source was the wrong version. Just checked and it has now updated. Didnt notice this as I upgraded this server (which kept the old settings for the update manager) whereas the other server I did as a new install so looked at the settings on the YHGfL web site! Doh! Face Slap!
    Many thanks again.

Thank Post
    are you all still using the same v5 link? I have just been given a different one as one of our primary schools can not download the CIDs folder using this link. I have checked permissions to make sure its not our server that can't create the folder, all I can think of is that it is the external update server path that isn't working.

Thank Post
    Yeah still using /libraryv5 with no issues (touch wood). Pulled updates down today as normal.

15. Thanks to bladedanny from:

jonnykewell1 (1st April 2014)

Thank Post
    Hi, has anyone had any joy with the new library http://sophos.yhgfl.net/libraryv52r2
    I cannot get it to download, works perfect with
    http://sophos.yhgfl.net/libraryv5 but not the 2r2 version

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread