+ Post New Thread
Enterprise Software Thread, Exchange 2013 quick queries (hopefully) in Technical; Hello everyone, Over the weekend I migrated to Exchange 2013 (from 2010) - it didn't go especially smoothly but mostly ...

Thank Post

Exchange 2013 quick queries (hopefully)

Hello everyone,
    Over the weekend I migrated to Exchange 2013 (from 2010) - it didn't go especially smoothly but mostly everything is ok now. Mostly all my fault, I have taken on far to much this summer and should have just left this upgrade until the Autumn half-term or even Christmas holidays!

mailbox sizes - now I realise I might just be too stingy with mailbox sizes for staff given what you can get elsewhere in office365 et al - but my staff have around 250 MB mailboxes (some much higher depending on role) and were within limits on 2010, on 2013 they seem to be using something in the region of 15-25% more space so many of them are now exceeding their quotas and unable to send/receive even despite increasing it to 300MB quotas.
    Do I just need to wait on some form of maintenance cycle/garbage collection - something of this ilk to take place ? (it's been a few days since the moves)

contact lists - I was relatively sure I had this setup the way I wanted in Exch2010 - in Exch2013 the default contact list appears to be 'My Contacts' whereas previously I am sure it pointed to All Staff or maybe All Users. Can this be changed relatively easily?

OWA internal/external - I would really like to allow users accessing my owa site to automatically login via windows auth/ntlm etc when accessing the site internally and prompted with the nice formsbased site when accessing externally - I thought I had it working exactly like this before but I must be mistaken!

I have tried searching for solutions but apparently haven't come across the right search terms yet!

Many thanks for any advice offered!

Thank Post
    The mailbox sizes increase is normal, see this Released: Exchange Server 2013 RTM Cumulative Update 1 - Exchange Team Blog - Site Home - TechNet Blogs especially the bit about "Mailbox Sizes in Exchange 2013". 250 + 30% is 325 so it may be your limits are still too low.

Not sure on the contacts list problem. Internally do people use OWA? I "encourage" all of our staff to use Outlook as it offers them more functionality. You can change the authentication type on the OWA virtual directory using the Set-OWAVirtualDirectory cmdlet - Set-OwaVirtualDirectory: Exchange 2013 Help

3. Thanks to adamf from:

itwasntme (30th August 2013)

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by adamf View Post
    The mailbox sizes increase is normal, see this Released: Exchange Server 2013 RTM Cumulative Update 1 - Exchange Team Blog - Site Home - TechNet Blogs especially the bit about "Mailbox Sizes in Exchange 2013". 250 + 30% is 325 so it may be your limits are still too low.

Not sure on the contacts list problem. Internally do people use OWA? I "encourage" all of our staff to use Outlook as it offers them more functionality. You can change the authentication type on the OWA virtual directory using the Set-OWAVirtualDirectory cmdlet - Set-OwaVirtualDirectory: Exchange 2013 Help
    adamf thanks. That first link was exactly what I was looking for and I have upped limits again - I hope it doesn't have an adverse affect on database sizes!

Staff are encouraged to use Outlook, but students are unable to access Outlook and some staff just prefer the lighter feel of OWA.

Although I know of the set-owavirtualdirectory command and have used in the past, I haven't yet found the right parameters to do what I am after - has anyone else managed to setup fba externally while signing on silently with windows auth/ntlm internally?

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread

Thread Information