+ Post New Thread
Enterprise Software Thread, Exchange 2013 - Calendar problems in Technical; We upgraded to Exchange 2013 during the summer as all seemed to be well. However on client computers when accessing ...
    Thank Post

Exchange 2013 - Calendar problems

We upgraded to Exchange 2013 during the summer as all seemed to be well. However on client computers when accessing Calendars in Outlook 2010 occasionally it will go to not responding for maybe 2-3 mins before opening up Calendars also, when using Shared Calendars, even though a user has Author or even Owner permissons on another Calendar the New Appointment is Greyed out and the User has to submit as request to the Calendar owner. However on other occasions it is absolutley fine.

We also have shared Booking facilities that we use a URL and OWA. However since Exchange 2013 Users now need to enter their Username and Password before they see the shared Calendar, In Exchange 2007 they could get straight into the Calendar.

I have tried removing and re-adding the permissions using Exchange Powershell and this has had no affect.

Any advice welcome

Thank Post
    Hi, bringing up an old thread but just wondering if you ever got to the bottom of this? We're having the same issue.. Very frustrating!

Cheers

Gaz

Thank Post
    Absolutley Not - the accessing of the Calendar using the URL seems to be an underlying problem Exchange 2013, however the issue with accessing Shared Calendars in Outlook is still an issue and we even have a company looking into this at the moment although we are yet to get to the bottom of this especially as the problem is so inconsistant (sometimes it is ok others it is not). My gut feeling is that the problem will only be resolved by a rebuild of the server. I have tried to reinstall Exchange 2013 CU2 without luck. I am sure that the problem only occurs when there are so many connections to the exchange server at the same time, which is why it is ok sometimes and not at other. We have tried Exchange Online and Cached mode, roaming profiles and mandatory profile, Group Policies and no group policies and Outlook config by prf file and manual set up, all without luck. OWA seems fine though!

If you do find anything then please let me know or if you want some other info. I will certainly post any developments.

Thank Post
    Damn, how bloody annoying. Just managed to convince SLT about how good a system it would be for them to all sync and maintain calendars this way only to discover this when trying to demo it to them! Used to work great on our 2003 setup - Typical, will do some further digging and testing and let you know if find anything out but sounds like you many many steps ahead of us and still no closer.

Thanks

Gaz

Thank Post
    I've got it working on a couple machines now - Basically by removing all the permissions on the calendar for all users including the Default & Anonymous ones on the client PC (Powershell doesn't allow Default/Anoymous to be removed with script from my quick goes with it)
    Then added the user who needs the permission back as Publishing Author & This seems to have worked. Default permissions are added back automatically by outlook which is fine. The fact Anonymous doesn't reappear could well be problem? So further testing may be required....

Wondering if because they're migrated accounts from 2003 the permissions are corrupt and when playing with it I never actually removed the Default/Anonymous ones as just assumed these weren't an issue but must have been over ruling the ones being set...

However, you more thank likely may have already done this - not sure why I'd not tried it sooner! From Googling it seems to be an random problem people get - Whether I can get/make a script which will fix for all users I don't know. Otherwise it'll be a user guide to send out, nobody to read and then for me to do manually

Gaz

Thank Post
    What are the steps to reproduce the problem?

Thank Post
    Recreating the problem is part of problem. It is inconsistent. I can open Outlook and access shared calendars and all will be fine. I can then close Outlook, reopen and the problem occurs. I have reapplied permissions both using Outlook and Exchange Powershell without any success.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread