+ Post New Thread
Enterprise Software Thread, Issue with XenServer citrix servers PLEASE HELP! in Technical; Hi All, This one has been annoying me for months now, I have scoured forums, support pages and unfortunatley absolutley ...
    Thank Post

Issue with XenServer citrix servers PLEASE HELP!

Hi All,

This one has been annoying me for months now, I have scoured forums, support pages and unfortunatley absolutley ziltch on relevant information. Maybe someone on here will be able to help. Ill give you the scenario:

We have 28 citrix servers running windows server 2003 all virtual and stored on the local disks on Proliant DL380s every morning about 3 randomly just stop responding on the citrix port. The server is still pingable and able to remote desktop is just decides to stop responding on the ICA listener. To resolve it currently I am having to do forced reboots in XenServer which will bring the port backup.

Any help would be appreciated and if I can help with anything in return let me know really want to get this sorted now it's causing so much pain!

kind regards

Josh

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,032 Times in 812 Posts
    I've seen similar things on Xenapp servers where the IMA service randomly breaks.
    First thing I do on a new farm is to set an overnight reboot policy which usually works around some of the vagueness of Citrix/Windows.

Thank Post
    Hi CyberNerd,

Thanks for the information, currently we have the overnight policy set up and a maintenance schedule but even this doesn't resolve the issue it is such a pain was going to call citrix about it but we only have 1 support call remaining and it doesn't seem to be big enough an issue to use it up.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,032 Times in 812 Posts
    Perhaps setting a policy or script to restart the IMA service might help, and set it to restart/reboot automatically when it's stopped.
    The nightly reboot helped fixed our issues (11 servers) but I probably get one still going down randomly once a week.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread