+ Post New Thread
Enterprise Software Thread, Exporting email addresses to CSV for users in specific database - Exchange 2010 in Technical; Hi, I have been asked to give someone a list of all staff email addresses and I believe there is ...
    Thank Post

Question Exporting email addresses to CSV for users in specific database - Exchange 2010

Hi,

I have been asked to give someone a list of all staff email addresses and I believe there is a way to export them from exchange 2010 to a csv file. I have managed to export all users to a CSV using PowerShell, but how do I do it from a specific database only (staff)? Going through 1500+ users to pick staff out is going to be a nightmare. I need a way of extracting them from a specific database or organisational title.

Is this possible?

I tried this but it didn't work

Get-Mailbox -Database "MCA-SR-EX1\MCA Staff.edb" -ResultSize Unlimited |Select-Object DisplayName,ServerName,PrimarySmtpAddress, @{Name=“EmailAddresses”;Expression={$_.EmailAddres ses |Where-Object {$_.PrefixString -ceq “smtp”} | ForEach-Object {$_.SmtpAddress}}} | Export-Csv c:\mailbox_alias.csv
    It returns an error relating to the database line (is not a valid value for the identity)
    Last edited by Darylrese; 15th August 2013 at 12:00 PM.

Thank Post
    Get-Mailbox * -ResultSize Unlimited | where-object {$_.Database -eq "Staff"} | export-csv c:\tmp\mailbox.csv
    Last edited by pcstru; 15th August 2013 at 12:08 PM.

Thank Post
    The only thing wrong with your query is that the value of Database should be the display name not that path.

Code:
    Get-Mailbox -Database "MCA Staff" -ResultSize Unlimited |Select-Object DisplayName,ServerName,PrimarySmtpAddress, @{Name=“EmailAddresses”;Expression={$_.EmailAddresses |Where-Object {$_.PrefixString -ceq “smtp”} | ForEach-Object {$_.SmtpAddress}}} | Export-Csv c:\mailbox_alias.csv
    For example.
    Last edited by ChrisMiles; 15th August 2013 at 12:13 PM.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisMiles View Post
    The only thing wrong with your query is that the value of Database should be the display name not that path.

Code:
    Get-Mailbox -Database "MCA Staff" -ResultSize Unlimited |Select-Object DisplayName,ServerName,PrimarySmtpAddress, @{Name=“EmailAddresses”;Expression={$_.EmailAddresses |Where-Object {$_.PrefixString -ceq “smtp”} | ForEach-Object {$_.SmtpAddress}}} | Export-Csv c:\mailbox_alias.csv
    For example.
    This worked perfectly, thank-you! I'm sure I tried this before but obviously I didn't!

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread