+ Post New Thread
Enterprise Software Thread, Deploying Office Communicator Client in Technical; Hey all, My department is currently looking at deploying OCS district-wide in the fall so that teachers can have more ...

Thank Post

Deploying Office Communicator Client

Hey all,

My department is currently looking at deploying OCS district-wide in the fall so that teachers can have more direct access to SLT and IT (which I don't think we need, but what do I know? )

Anyway, the issue I'm currently having is that I can't find a way to deploy the client with the server settings already in place. For every new install we need to go into Advanced Connection Settings, set it to Manual configuration, put in the name of the server, and set the connection protocol to TLS:

Capture.JPG

The only luck I've had so far is that it looks like this information is stored at the following location in the registry: HKEY_USERS\[User_SID]\Software\Microsoft\Shared\UcClient. However, since this is a unique reg location for each user it really doesn't do us any good for deployment.

Have any of you had luck deploying OCS or have any advice?

Thanks!

-Jordan

Thank Post
    Do you have SRV records in your DNS for ocs.yourdomain.whatever and let it do it by auto configuration to save doing the manual configuration. This might be of some use.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread

Thread Information