+ Post New Thread
Enterprise Software Thread, Sccm 2012 SP1 CU1 client problem in Technical; Stuck again, been working fine (apart from the daily restart) but now the client has stopped installing correctly, it installs ...

Thank Post

Sccm 2012 SP1 CU1 client problem

Stuck again, been working fine (apart from the daily restart) but now the client has stopped installing correctly, it installs but the action menu is only populated by 5 items, when it should be more like 12, if i manually remove the client and reinstall it does the same thing.

Windows Firewall off, AV Firewall off, dns looks fine, nothing oblivious in following logs ccmsetup,client.msi.

I'm out of ideas, i would be very grateful to be pointed in the right direction, or some one come up with something i haven't thought of yet.

Thank Post
    Just been looking thought the Logs and found this below, am i right in assuming that the below is telling me the client was installed several times?

Property(S): DialogBox_Title = Configuration Manager Client Setup
    Property(S): WelcomeDialog_Info = This will install the ConfigMgr Advanced Client.
    Property(S): WelcomeDialog_DesktopWarning = WARNING: A previous version of the ConfigMgr client agent is already installed on this computer. Continuing will cause the previous version of the ConfigMgr client agent to be removed.
    Property(S): WelcomeDialog_EULA = The software you are about to install is provided as part of Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager and as such, is subject to the End User License Agreement already accepted by your system administrator. Contact your system administrator for additional information.
    Property(S): ConfigDialog_Title = Configuration
    Property(S): ConfigDialog_SubTitle = Select installation options
    Property(S): ConfigDialog_Info = Enter configuration options for the Configuration Manager Client.
    Property(S): ConfigDialog_SiteCode = SMS Site:
    Property(S): ConfigDialog_InvalidSiteCode = The site code you have entered is not valid
    Property(S): InstallDialog_Title = Install
    Property(S): InstallDialog_SubTitle = The product is now ready to install
    Property(S): InstallDialog_Info = Click Next to proceed.
    Property(S): InstallDialog_Warning = WARNING: Installing the advanced client on this computer may cause the Windows Management Instrumentation (WMI) and Background Intelligent Transfer Service (BITS) services to stop and restart.
    Property(S): ProgressDialog_Title = Please Wait
    Property(S): ProgressDialog_SubTitle = Setup is configuring your system.
    Property(S): CompleteDialog_Title = Setup Complete
    Property(S): CompleteDialog_SubTitle = Setup has finished updating your system.
    Property(S): CompleteDialog_Info = The Configuration Manager Client setup was successful.
    Property(S): UserExitDialog_Title = Setup Aborted
    Property(S): UserExitDialog_SubTitle = Setup was cancelled
    Property(S): UserExitDialog_Info = The Configuration Manager Client setup was cancelled.
    Property(S): InstallErrorDialog_Title = Setup Aborted
    Property(S): InstallErrorDialog_SubTitle = Setup failed
    Property(S): InstallErrorDialog_Info = Setup encountered an error and could not continue.

Thank Post
    Found what i think is the problem, seems to be the IE9 install done as part of the task sequence, i have no idea why, but when i remove it the client installs fine.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread