+ Post New Thread
Enterprise Software Thread, Exchange 2010 working as a Parent Mail alternative? in Technical; My college would like to see if there is a solution within Exchange 2010 to act as a Parent Mail ...

Thank Post

Exchange 2010 working as a Parent Mail alternative?

My college would like to see if there is a solution within Exchange 2010 to act as a Parent Mail alternative.

Due to data protection issues, it is obviously important that the parents of our students do not see the addresses of the other parents within the To or CC sections of the email. Is there anyway to make sure that all email without fail is always sent as BCC so no recipient information can be viewed?

Also, we would not want staff to be able to access the email addresses of the studentís parents. If a member of staff was sending an email to all student parents, could we prevent them from being able to see all the individual addresses?

Many thanks

Paul

Thank Post
    I think you might struggle keeping email addresses from the person hitting the send button. We are using the bulk mail facility of ParentPay. From what I've seen so far, only admins or certain management profiles have the capability to send the mails - and those roles can see the contact details. It will depend on the size of your organisation and how often mailings need to be sent, but the way we deal with it is that any member of staff can produce a document / text, sends to the office and the email comes from the school's main email address.

3. Thanks to jmak from:

kenrick (21st June 2013)

Thank Post
    What we do for sending bulk email messages out we have different distribution lists, for each building, complex. We create the email from a generic email address; send the email to that generic email but BCC in the specific distribution group you want such as parents, staff, govs etc.

That way everybody sees that it has been sent from 'noreply@domain' however that's all they see and not the BCC. Seems to work for us as a whole.

Thank Post
    Thanks Dave, that does make sense. We have around 1200 students in each of the two year groups, can we send that many emails out on a bcc? I don't imagine it would be a problem!

Paul

Thank Post
    I think what they would actually want to achieve is that whenever the parents distribution list is emailed, it is automatically sent via BCC. If a member of staff has to manually remember to send via BCC there are likely to be times when mistakes are made. I can't imagine that this is possible but would be interested to hear about how to do it if it is.

Many thanks

Paul

Thank Post
    In exchange could you not setup a overriding rule so that any emails to the distribution list "parents" gets automatically changed to be sent to original sender and bcc parents instead.

It sounds entirely possible from my memory of Exchange 2010.

8. Thanks to Achandler from:

kenrick (21st June 2013)

Thank Post
    Create the distribution groups for each year group, y7,8,9,10,11,sixthform and then add the groups to BCC, that way the groups are smaller and further down the line if you wish to send an email out to a specific year group you wouldn't have to start all over again creating distribution lists.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread