+ Post New Thread
Enterprise Software Thread, PS Financials in Technical; We are looking into finance packages and we have pretty much narrowed it down to PS Financials. Is anyone currently ...
    Thank Post

PS Financials

We are looking into finance packages and we have pretty much narrowed it down to PS Financials. Is anyone currently using them would love to have some feedback - as its a lot of money to go wrong!

Currently using Corero which has too many cons than pros!

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,320 Times in 1,711 Posts
    My governor school, an academy, got PS Financials as it need something capable of handling the three schools in our trust. The Finance Director seems very happy. I haven't seen the NM since installation to find out how it's behaving.

Thank Post
    We have ran it for 3 years now, and about to spread it out into the Trust. They are quick to resolve problems, the software runs well on XP, Win7, 8 and Citrix. The only thing to watch out for is they dial in using Log me in, a lot of education broadband suppliers block this, heavily.

The updates seem to be carried out by the NM, they are not hard to do, just involve uninstalling and re-installing the latest version. Can be a little worrying when dealing with the entire finance system.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    In my experience they are very quick to blame others for problems, and then offer no evidence or advice as to what would help. I've found my self giving support to other local NM's who are at their wits end. Crazy thing is, it isn't hard, and is pretty standard stuff - they are just extremely reluctant to help, and quite frankly insulting.

The also dial in a do a lot of sql scripting to fix things, though that could be fixing user errors, since our finance team has had a lot of change and not enough training (which is not psf's fault).

5. Thanks to psydii from:

Great_Scott (20th June 2013)

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,057 Times in 926 Posts
    @Soulfish uses it in his Academy and speaks fairly highly of it in the past at least have a search on here for PS Financials as it has been mentioned numerous times

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by john View Post
    @Soulfish uses it in his Academy and speaks fairly highly of it in the past at least have a search on here for PS Financials as it has been mentioned numerous times
    Hi John,

Thanks I'll try and contact him as well, I searched the forums last night and nothing was returned!

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,320 Times in 1,711 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MattGibson View Post
    Hi John,

Thanks I'll try and contact him as well, I searched the forums last night and nothing was returned!
    I tried that too... I think search might be broke!

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread

Thread Information