+ Post New Thread
Enterprise Software Thread, Charge back for printing and paper - Papercut in Technical; We have around 20 PCs around the school a mixture of MFDs, and normal printers. We have Papercut installed, but ...

Thank Post

Charge back for printing and paper - Papercut

We have around 20 PCs around the school a mixture of MFDs, and normal printers. We have Papercut installed, but I know for a fact we are not using it to its full potential.

At the moment we are only charging staff for what they print to there personal accounts, I have not setup departments as SLT were concerned staff would not be honest about it (as we all know teachers are not the most honest, when it comes to their budgets).

I personally am in favor of setting up departments, but I also want to be able to charge departments for when they use a ICT room and students print. I wanted to setup print folders so students themselves wouldnt print. They would copy their work to that departments print folder and the teacher would print out the work. This would allow billing to the right departments, but also save on paper waste. Needless to say SLT were not in favor of this as they were worried about staff time.

How do others handle charge back for paper and printing?

How have others setup Papercut to do this?

What I would love is a facility to put in the ICT bookings timetable in to Papercut and anyone who prints from those PCs for that period gets booked to that department.

Thanks in advance.

Thank Post
    They would copy their work to that departments print folder and the teacher would print out the work. This would allow billing to the right departments, but also save on paper waste.
    We use the client popup to display subject areas, these are then connected to the main department.

- ICT
    -- ICT PUPILS

The staff charge to ICT (top level) by way of department code, pupils just pick ICT PUPILS from the drop down list when they come to print.

That way, as long as the pupils are honest and choose the correct department, there's no issues. We can adjust charging too if it turns out to be incorrect but to be honest we've not had to do much of this.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread