+ Post New Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Enterprise Software Thread, What Anti Virus does your place use? in Technical; We use Kaspersky here, supplied by the local LEA, was Symantec before, which was horrible I thought...
    Thank Post
    We use Kaspersky here, supplied by the local LEA, was Symantec before, which was horrible I thought

Thank Post
    We have just bought in ESET Endpoint Anti-virus, at 2.60 per client for a three year licence. They also carried out a “Rip & Replace” service, for free, where ESET will uninstall any existing anti-virus platform and install ESET thus enabling a hassle free transition.

They also offered home user licences for staff and parents up to 20% of the licences purchase so a 1000 licences would equate to 200 free user licences.

It is excellent software. I love how light it is on system resources!

XiJ

Thank Post
    Yeah, we've been doing that eset deal for our schools - pretty good isn't it?! (I thought it was 2.60 per year at first!)

Thank Post
    using Kaspersky here and although there are faults (windows 8 support was rubbish), its pretty great at doing its job although time consuming. I almost moved to ESET once but didn't like the guy on the stand at BETT.

Thank Post
    We use Microsoft FEP as its included in our licence agreement, it works well and saved us money by not having to pay extra for an AntiVirus solution.

Thank Post
    Having started with McAfee to Forefront to Sophos, Forefront was the best client but Sophos from a management point of view, just a little heavy on the systems.

Have worked with ESET on machines which is small and the management of that is supposed to be really good.

Where I am at the moment they appear to have had everything on their machines, remains of Sophos left, some with AVG free on and some with Forefront. It appears the company one is some Symantec one but its not made it to out office yet.

Thank Post
    hello @oalcock , i know this is a bit of an old post now but i just wanted to let you know that if you, or any one else for that matter, is having problems with Kasperskys EndPoint Security Suite do let me know and i will see if there is anything we can do to help.

We have recently taken Kaspersky on as a technology partner so we are in a great position to liaise between customer and company if required to resolve any issues etc

Thank Post
    We use Sophos. Apart from their ballsup last year with a dodgy update (which caused Sophos to flag it's own AutoUpdater as a threat, causing all kinds of chaos!), they've been pretty rock solid. I agree with what you mean re: progress / more detailed information when deploying though.

Unfortunately no native support to deploy to Mac OS, but via ARD we were able to deploy the PKG file from their website and manually (sigh) configure the Updater options to point at our AV server.

Thank Post
    Sophos and I hate it - slow, clunky and brainless updater module that always needs to run msiexec, borking any managed software deployments that happen to be occurring at the same time. Can't wait to get rid although not sure how long that will be.

I like ESET, going from Kaspersky or Sophos it will be like having a free PC upgrade such is the difference in resource usage
    Last edited by gshaw; 9th August 2013 at 04:43 PM.

Thank Post
    Just moved over to Forefront as a temp measure while we get sccm with SCEP up and running properly works great with GPO management and a startup script to install

Thank Post
    We used to use ESAT (nod32) but have switched to avast free for edu. I like avast, the console is great, memory is about 1/3 east, and did I mention free?

Thank Post
    Sadly seems like the offer is USA only Great deal for anyone over there though!

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123