+ Post New Thread
Enterprise Software Thread, Stuffed installation of Symantec Endpoint Protection in Technical; Some time ago our servers started to complain that their virus definitions were out of date. I tried to start ...

Thank Post

Stuffed installation of Symantec Endpoint Protection

Some time ago our servers started to complain that their virus definitions were out of date. I tried to start the admin console, and failed repeatedly. Eventually I placed a call to RM and their engineer (who I've dealt with before many times, and who I trust) spent a long time trying to work out why it had stopped working. It appeared to have been uninstalled, I was told, partially, at least. I therefore need to reinstall, perhaps after running Symantec's agressive strip-off-all-the-old-crap application. I was also informed that we did not licence SEP through RM, but directly with Symantec.

Being advised to reinstall the console is all well and good, but for a few things:

• I can't find an install source
    • I can't find a licence
    • I don't know our customer or support id

I don't even know which version of SEP we're running (unless someone knows how to get the clients to tell me). EDIT - found it - it's 11.0. I'm sure that button only took me to a web page last time I clicked it!

We must still be licensed as the clients are receiving updates, and i recently had a missed call from Symantec wanting me to renew (but leaving no contact information).

Any suggestions at all short of starting from scratch?
    Last edited by birchanger; 16th April 2013 at 04:56 PM.

Thank Post
    Hi,

To my mind, Symantec always send licence information via email. This happened with us even when we purchased Symantec via RM. I would check all email accounts that may possibly have received it for the info. That will get you to symantec file connect where you can download installers, etc.

HTH,

Meldrew

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread