SCCM 2012 - Apps Stuck at "Downloading 0% Complete"
I have been trying to figure out this problem now for the last couple days and am tearing my hair out (what's left anyway) trying to figure this out. There's a couple parts to this problem, so bear with me.
When I had initially created our SCCM 2012 server (virtual server running on an ESX 5 Host), I had made our C: drive a little too small and because of the way that the D: drive was setup (where most of the SCCM data resides), I was unable to easily expand the C: Drive without wiping out the D: drive (due to the partition table). Within the past week, I noticed that apps that we had deployed (which have been working fine for months) were no longer downloading to the clients and showed "% Downloading in the Software Center (as shown in the image below) SoftwareCenterNoDownload.PNG
When looking at the server, I noticed that the C: Drive was down to less than 1.5GB of available space and thought that that may be the problems as perhaps it couldn't grow a database or something. So, I finally created a new partition on a separate drive to copy everything from the D: Drive (which houses the SCCM Content). After copying everything over to the new drive, I wiped the old D: partition and was able to expand the C: drive! I then changed the new drive to letter D: and also changed the name of it so that it reflected the same name as before. So, it appeared that everything should be working. However, I still can not get apps to download onto client computers.
After doing some research online and looking through many log files, I think my problem is related to IIS from the error message I was getting on the client as shown below: SCCMClientLogError.PNG
Now, I am nowhere near an IIS expert and am having some problems figuring out my problems from this point. If I go into IIS on the server, I can see the my SMS_DP_SMSPKG$ under the default website, but when I click on Basic Settings and click Test Settings, I get an error saying "Invalid Application Path" as shown below: IISBasicFailTest.PNG
In addition, I have noticed that not all of my apps seem to be getting to my one and only DP correctly. Many of the apps that have been deployed for months suddenly show up as Failed under the Content Status tab of the app. Upon further looking into it, I saw that nearly HALF of my apps now display as being failed. I have tried to ReDistribute the content of the apps, but just keep getting the same thing. In fact, some are even stuck on the "In Progress" phase. I know these apps have at least one point worked because they have gone out to over 1000 PCs successfully. Only recently has this problem come up.
I am able to to get to the shares (both normal and hidden) from a client computer, so they should have access, but I just can't figure this one out. My apologies if anything is unclear as I am still learning things about SCCM and I may be even heading in the complete wrong direction, but I could really use a little help on this one if anyone has experienced a similar problem.
EDIT: I just noticed that some of my apps actually do in fact work! For example, I was showing my boss about how half of my apps come up as Content Failed (Under the Distribution Point Configuration Status page) and that of the 74 on there, 31 have failed. So, I went ahead and tried to deploy one of the apps that still shows its Content Status as Success to my test machine. It worked! So, tell me why half of them would fail and the other half would work with no apparent changes having been made?
Thanks in Advance,
Last edited by scottpowers82; 21st March 2013 at 02:53 PM.
OK, I don't think it has anything to do with the fact that my content is coming up as failed. After going into the properties of my DP, I went into the Content tab and actually removed some apps that were coming up as failed. I then Distributed them again and they finally come back as green! I thought my problem may be fixed and they I can just remove/re-add them, but when I went to my test machine and tried to install an app (that is now green finally), it still shows as Downloading 0% complete.
OK, so I have now re installed my DP role and redistributed all of my content. Everything seems to look OK now in the Distribution Point Configuration Status (All is Green!). However, I am still unable to download most of my content to the client. I am definitely leaning towards it being an IIS/WebDAV problem, but have not had much, if any, expierence with IIS (other than maybe a simple FTP server).
When I check under the IIS Manager and check the Basic Settings of my SMS_DP_SMSPKG$, my physical path seems to be correct. However, when I click on Test Settings, I get the error Invalid Application Path.