+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Enterprise Software Thread, Possibly moving from LEA, need a new anti virus solution. in Technical; that avast is a good price. As for sophos not finding all that spyware is pretty worrying. we have the ...

Thank Post
    that avast is a good price. As for sophos not finding all that spyware is pretty worrying. we have the disadvantage of having over 1200 machines so either way it will knock the costs up a fair bit. but... i'm not the one paying lol.

Thank Post
    The latest Eset endpoint contains lots of new tools for deployment... We couldn't push NOD from the console, endpoint goes with very little grief. Also, I've rarely dealt with anyone as competent and friendly as Eset customer support.

Thank Post
    We are also looking into this as our current license with Kaspersky runs out in March, at the moment I have a shortlist of

Microsoft End Point (were having system center installed shortly) But dont have any experience of this product, but seems popular as seen in this thread.

kaspersky been good bit of Kit although the console is complex, no virus problems for the 3 years we been using it, so proven ability.

Nod

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,135 Times in 1,031 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jonnykewell1 View Post
    that avast is a good price. As for sophos not finding all that spyware is pretty worrying. we have the disadvantage of having over 1200 machines so either way it will knock the costs up a fair bit. but... i'm not the one paying lol.
    It was, and having used it at home for years without fault I couldn't see a reason not to, The management console is a lot easier to control than others.

Thank Post
    Just how hard is SCCM to setup ? We use Sophos at the mo and i'd like to get away from it - I think the agreement runs out in 12 days tho...

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,444 Times in 991 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by caffrey View Post
    Just how hard is SCCM to setup ? We use Sophos at the mo and i'd like to get away from it - I think the agreement runs out in 12 days tho...
    It will be more effort to set SCCM up than it will a straightforward AV solution; if you follow the guides at windows-noob.com and on @TheScarfedOne's blogs on here, you could have it up and running in a few days and doing your AV. You wouldn't necessarily understand anything you'd just done, but you could pick that up as you went along

If all you wanted to do was have it run your AV you could set it up to look after itself with updates etc., and just have it email you when viruses are found - you don't actually need to look at the console unless you want to. You would need to run Windows Updates through SCCM as well, though, in order to run the AV updates through it - the SCEP definitions are sent out through the same framework as normal updates. If you already run WSUS it's not massively different, though it takes some adjusting to. Again, though - plenty of guides about, and plenty of us around here doing things this way if you need to ask.

7. 2 Thanks to sonofsanta:

caffrey (7th February 2013), TheScarfedOne (7th February 2013)

Thank Post
    Cheers for that may just give it a go

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12