+ Post New Thread
Enterprise Software Thread, Backup Exec 2010 R3 question in Technical; My exchange backups are failing... I know why, but I don't know how to fix it. I've set up backup ...

Thank Post

Backup Exec 2010 R3 question

My exchange backups are failing... I know why, but I don't know how to fix it.

I've set up backup exec from scratch several times, but this is trying to unpick what others have done, and I'm floundering a bit...

We attempted to install exchange 2010, it worked, we started migrating users and then it failed. No-one seems able to fix it, I can't, my former network manager can't, our local consultant can't... but that is partly a separate issue.

What our real issue is, is that my colleague put the backup exec agent on the new exchange 2010 box which is an x64 box. Our x86 media box does not like this, understandably and fails the full backup on it, which means logs don't get cleared, the drive fills and I get an earful when it stops sending mail. I can do without this.

I need to remove the exchange 2010 server from the backup, but I can't work out how. I can't find the server specified anywhere in any policies, it just magically appears under the old server in the resource settings for the backup selection list. There is no option to remove the resource. It looks like it is picking up the existence of the exchange 2010 automatically from somewhere I either can't edit, or haven't found yet.

Help.

Hopefully this makes sense to someone.

Thank Post
    Bump... Anyone?

Thank Post
    Hi go to the tab in your selection list "view selection details" which is next to the "view by resource" tab You will find the text view of the selection, select the server and its resources and remove it.

Lenora MossTechnical Support Engineer, SMB Partner Support, Symantec Corporation

4. 3 Thanks to Lenora_BE:

Donald_eady (11th February 2013), TheScarfedOne (11th February 2013), zag (11th February 2013)

Thank Post
    We attempted to install exchange 2010, it worked, we started migrating users and then it failed. No-one seems able to fix it, I can't, my former network manager can't, our local consultant can't... but that is partly a separate issue.
    I love a challenge, do you want to post this in another thread ?

hope you got your backups sorted by using the above post?

Thank Post
    The Suggestion by Lenora should put you in good shape OakTech, but if for some reason youre unable to edit the selection list you may want to try recreating the job and creating an entirely new selection this way B.E. has no way to reference the new x64 box.
    Last edited by Donald_eady; 11th February 2013 at 06:36 PM.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread