+ Post New Thread
Enterprise Software Thread, Exchange 2010, External Email and Distribution Group issue in Technical; Hi all We have an Exchange 2010 server and I am trying to get a specific email address to forward ...

Thank Post

Exchange 2010, External Email and Distribution Group issue

Hi all

We have an Exchange 2010 server and I am trying to get a specific email address to forward any incoming email to a distribution group. I have set up the forwarding happily through the management console so it redirects to the created distribution group. The distribution group consists of internal and external contacts. I have created the external people as mail contacts and I can send them an email by using this mail contact in the normal way but when they are part of a distribution group it fails to send, however the internal contacts work. We have other external distribution groups and we can send emails to these external addresses happily but it seems the forwarding element causes an issue.

I have looked at the Message Delivery Restrictions on the email address, mail contacts and distribution group and ensured the require that all senders are authenticated is unticked but it still won't send to external mail contacts.

Have I missed anything?

Thanks
    Mark

Thank Post
    Try setting the below for the DL.

Set-DistributionGroup "Distribution Group Name" -ReportToManagerEnabled $true

Set-DistributionGroup "Distribution Group Name" -ReportToOriginatorEnabled $true

Thank Post
    Thanks for the reply sukh, I tried your suggestion but we are still experiencing the issue. After some more testing it looks like Google are blocking the forwarding email. If you send an email to the distribution group in the normal way the email arrives at all addresses but if you use the distribution group in a rule or as a forward it never reaches google but it does other accounts e.g. hotmail.

Google have suggested I look at creating a SPF record as google mail looks at these. Not done this before so am reading up on it now.

Thank Post
    So its just the Google contact in the DG which doesnt get it?

Does the message leave your Org?

Thank Post
    Yes that is the case, I've now gone through the process of creating a SPF record and they all now work. Tracking the messages they were leaving the org but the SPF record seems to allow the forwarding to the external contacts, hotmail was fine but yahoo and gmail blocked the forwarding email but the SPF record seems to of sorted this out.

Thanks

Thank Post
    Just to understand this, when you were sending to the DG, was it from an external recipient and was it from Google/Hotmail etc...

For e.g sukh@google.com senda to a DG called internal_dg@company.com and this has a contact called sukh247@google.com which failed. BUT what did the message appear as when sukh247@google.com received the messaage? I assume as sukh@google.com?

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread