+ Post New Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Enterprise Software Thread, Cashless catering systems in Technical; Originally Posted by armadillo Hi, we will be upgrading nationwide to Version 6 and I was told that it works ...
    Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by armadillo View Post
    Hi, we will be upgrading nationwide to Version 6 and I was told that it works on a VLAN environment, could you please let me know which IP range you use on the tills and and the main PC? Also, we were told that we will need to re-scan everybody's thumb again, when we're talking 1600 pupils and all staff that's not a popular thing with the Head at the moment. Please advise and thanks for your help.
    o.0 Every bit of software that works over a network should be able to operate VLANs… and the IPs are dependant on your own network (unless you are setting up a static network for some reason)

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,051 Times in 920 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by armadillo View Post
    Hi, we will be upgrading nationwide to Version 6 and I was told that it works on a VLAN environment, could you please let me know which IP range you use on the tills and and the main PC? Also, we were told that we will need to re-scan everybody's thumb again, when we're talking 1600 pupils and all staff that's not a popular thing with the Head at the moment. Please advise and thanks for your help.
    Talk to the support people at Nationwide they will help you It works fine on VLANs I had mine running on a dedicated VLAN just for anything Cashless related. They used the IP Range I gave them and all was fine.

Thank Post
    Thanks guys.
    That's my problem, i DON'T WANT TO HAVE A dedicated VLAN for cashless, as it's only for 10 machines max. My question is would the tills see/connect to the main PC whihc could be located on a different VLAN? Some of the tills will be in different VLANs as well.
    Thanks

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    If you don't want to change your [current] networking setup then don't.

Sometimes, If it ain't Broke, Don't fix it, is really the best advice.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    And sometimes it is broke but you don't realize. Why don't you want to have your cashless on a separate vlan? Generally they are horribly insecure, and best isolated (via ACL on your routers) from prying eyes/tools.

They way we do it is to allow the tills and the recharge stations to talk to their DB server and DNS. The management PC exists in the Cashless VLAN with a static IP and the ACLs allows it to operate as a normal machine, but limits incoming packets to those from the servers.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123