+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Enterprise Software Thread, Cashless catering systems in Technical; Fill me full of confidence why don't you. I haven't actually had any input in which system we are going ...

Thank Post
    Fill me full of confidence why don't you. I haven't actually had any input in which system we are going to use, just been tasked with getting it working.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Achandler View Post
    Fill me full of confidence why don't you. I haven't actually had any input in which system we are going to use, just been tasked with getting it working.
    Sorry, Just updated above post to explain a bit.

Guess it's like everything, some people get on fine with them, some don't.

Steve

Thank Post
    We've been using Nationwide for 3 years now - not had the problems described in other post. My only thing I would like is for it to integrate into our AD

Thank Post
    We use CRB (northern version of Cunninghams). Had a few issues with slow support over the last 6 months but the product itself is OK - it's the nature of the hardware that effectively lets the system down. We are for ever having to restart the revalv machines etc before we manage to get them to work and accept peoples biometric details.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,035 Times in 908 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by howartp View Post
    I was very interested in Nationwide's solution (Nationwide Retail Systems Ltd | One Stop cashless catering, hospitality and retail solutions.) when I visited it at BETT last year, and I've heard good things from those who do use it. Unfortunately I wasn't authorised to look into it when I was there last year, whereas this year I've got permission to look at options.

Peter

(Edit: Far too many sentences beginning with 'And...' in that reply!)
    Happy Nationwide customer here, we have had it in since June last year and bar initial teething issues with new systems, procedures and ways of working (we went to it from cash tills) we have been fine. Support has usually been very prompt, had the odd delay but they have been apologetic and then knowledgeable so I don't see that as a major issue as any firm has good and bad days its how they handle it once they are supporting your issue.

Only on-going niggle is related to our youngest years having very small fingers but Nationwide have been helpful and things have improved for them but a good number are still on pins because of this as we just struggle to get them to press on hard enough to get a read of the finger, I am hopeful that it will improve as they get older as it is very much a small finger issue despite using thumbs.

We have it integrated with our Eclipse Library system and that works fine although as a small school its quicker for the librarian to just type the students name in to circulate and issue the book than finger on the reader, it would become more useful if we had self-issue which we don't have.

More than happy for you to pop and visit us to have a look at it in action if you wanted @howartp or catch up at BETT.

Thank Post
    Nationwide here as well to be honest been pretty good odd teething problem at the start but no more than any new system, I always find if you can build up a good repour with any company provider when they first set up and you know who to contact and they get to know who you are and who they are dealing with has a reasonable amount of understanding it usually works fine like with everything I try and work out who it is best to contact to get things done and keep this information.

I used Cunnighams before and to be honest these were fine also although this about three years ago.

I think the reporting side in Nationwide is better Revals seem a little stabler than Cunninghams, probably now it is bedded in slightly less issues than I had with Cunninghams overall.

I think the Cunnigham Fingerprint readers were slightly better.

One tip if you do change to Nationwide you can take a copy of the Impact folder and have a copy of your past data which was handy for a couple of months as I had our Finance officer trying to tidy up her Finance side of things for a month or two after we changed over.

Thank Post
    We use a Gladstone system here which we have linked with WisePay, been very impressed.
    Other than a few teething issues (mostly caused by students not bringing their cards on launch day) the system just works.
    Gladstone Education > Home

Ed

rad
    Thank Post
    NRS here with parent pay. Happy customer after 2 years and 3months use. Only one issue that caused down time but was solved quickly.

Thank Post
    We have had a Nationwide system at our school for nearly 3 years. A few niggles at first but other then that it just works. We also have it linked to our Heritage Library system and use Nationwide's attendance system for staff too.

We implemented Parent Pay in September 12 and had quite a few niggles with it. I would recommend doing this at the start of your implementation.

Ant

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by eddyc View Post
    We use a Gladstone system here which we have linked with WisePay, been very impressed.
    Other than a few teething issues (mostly caused by students not bringing their cards on launch day) the system just works.
    Gladstone Education > Home

Ed
    We had Gladstone but as we have a ASP/ SQL admin system it didn't work as we had planned. Don't think any cashless system would really anyway. They mostly are built around Sims etc. The support is important though. We have now gone to Cunninghams.

Thank Post
    Steve, if you pm me, let me know what your problem is I will ensure it gets sorted. If you are coming to BETT come and see me on stand C337 and have a chat.

Thank Post
    We have Impact from cunninghams linked to parent pay. Both leave a little to be desired both functionality and support. Unless you speak to one particular person at cunninghams who is helpful and knows their stuff, its useless.

Problem with cunninghams is support is expensive and they dont want to change kitchen pc even though ist died twice and is covered. Then when tills need changing its 1600 per till. Outrageous.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jayemm View Post
    Problem with cunninghams is support is expensive and they dont want to change kitchen pc even though ist died twice and is covered. Then when tills need changing its 1600 per till. Outrageous.
    I actually moved everything from the Kitchen PC onto a server myself - all the installers are in your impact folder - then I think I just rang support to re-register the software and maybe the scanner aliases which they did quite happily.

The revals (pad.exe) start and stop on scheduled task before/after Day End, and I wrote a batch script to start/stop/query pad's status in case catering manager needs to - had to compile it using bat-to-exe cos it contains admin password to gain execute rights on server.

Happy to share script if desired.

Peter

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by nadeem View Post
    We've been using Nationwide for 3 years now - not had the problems described in other post. My only thing I would like is for it to integrate into our AD
    Hi Nadeem, if you PM me and let me know exactly what toy want to do I will see if I can help. We do have tools for AD integration.

Peter

Thank Post
    Hi, we will be upgrading nationwide to Version 6 and I was told that it works on a VLAN environment, could you please let me know which IP range you use on the tills and and the main PC? Also, we were told that we will need to re-scan everybody's thumb again, when we're talking 1600 pupils and all staff that's not a popular thing with the Head at the moment. Please advise and thanks for your help.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast