+ Post New Thread
Enterprise Software Thread, SCCM 2012. Some clients gaving up communcating with server in Technical; Hello, I am not doing this Xmas day honest. I wrote it all out and forgot to press submit We ...

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,733 Times in 1,496 Posts
    Blog Entries

SCCM 2012. Some clients gaving up communcating with server

Hello,

I am not doing this Xmas day honest. I wrote it all out and forgot to press submit

We have SCCM 2012. I recently updated to SP1 but this problem was here before i did the upgrade. Last week some of my clients have stopped talking to SCCM. They have not refreshed the machine policy, hardware inventory etc. It seems to be machines that have been recently imaged and some brand new computers been in action for a month. All where fine before. The last time the policy was refreshed was 19/12/2012.

If i upgrade the SCCM client manually on a problem machines the server sees the new client version but the client refresh still hasn't been performed.

If i do a policy refresh manually in on a problem client it calls home. Packages due to be deployed get stuck with In progress and showing as program received. So its not working as such. The hardware inventory still dont get run automatically.

If i delete the machine from SCCM it get rediscovered, gets assigned the correct site but just sits there in SCCM showing no client is installed.

Looking at policyagent.log on the client shows this - Authority 'SMS:FAL' does not have an associated Policy Agent configuration. I had a Google not much come up. I decided to add and remove the management point role and this didn't resolve the issue. "FAL" is the SCCM site name.

About 70% of machines in the fleet are working perfect. They have the same device policy.

The day before on the 18th i did issue a bunch of Windows Updates to the client machines. Not to the servers though.

Any ideas please?

Thanks

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,733 Times in 1,496 Posts
    Blog Entries
    For those who want to know this issue was caused by a Window Update WMF 3.0 KB2506143. Its was becuase my SCCM wasn't on SP1, at the time SP1 wasn't released. It only happened on a handful of machines so slipped through my update testing. Its fixed by uninstalling the SCCM client from the machine. Deleting the machines from SCCM and let client push install the client again.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread