Enterprise Software Thread, System Center 2012 Service Pack 1 Released in Technical; Something else to watch out for with SP1...
I'm trying to import a computer into the database by using the ...
2nd January 2013, 11:55 AM #16
Something else to watch out for with SP1...
I'm trying to import a computer into the database by using the powershell cmdlets which have been delivered through SP1. The syntax I'm using is as follows:
Import-CMComputerInformation -CollectionName "Win8 Staging" -ComputerName "SVLABW802" -MacAddress "5F:DA:FA:FA:FA:FA"
The error which is then displayed is: "WARNING: The collection Win8 Staging does not exist or is not suitable for adding the new device.
The PowerShell cmdlets that come with SP1 are not the final versions
IDG Tech News
3rd January 2013, 03:50 PM #17
Im not a subscriber to Technet but the Volume Licensing is showing the download as "with SP1". Will they put this on Volume Licensing portal or is it there but named differently?
8th January 2013, 08:07 PM #18
For those who upgraded DPM 2012 to SP1 Rollup 1 was released today.
26th January 2013, 03:47 PM #19
Managing Windows Phone 8 with Windows Intune and SCCM SP1
This paper provides guidance for Windows Phone 8 device management with Windows Intune.
26th January 2013, 06:15 PM #20
Just spotted this...
You may need to re-download Configuration Manager 2012 and Endpoint Protection 2012 SP1 Binaries!
The binaries for System Center Configuration Manager 2012 and System Center Endpoint Protection 2012 have been updated to correct some minor issues. The binaries have been updated at the Download Center, and also on the Technet and MSDN download sites. For Configuration Manager 2012 SP1, the updated download release of SP1 includes the following hotfix: Installation error 0x800b0101: System Center 2012 Configuration Manager Service Pack 1 client
For Endpoint Protection, the new binaries include fixed files (Linux/iOS) that were corrupt in the initial release. This means if you downloaded the binaries prior to today (25/01/2013) - you will likely need to re-download them
26th January 2013, 06:30 PM #21
26th January 2013, 06:35 PM #22
System Center 2012 Configuration Manager SP1 Toolkit
The Microsoft System Center 2012 Configuration Manager Service Pack 1 Toolkit contains eleven downloadable tools to help you manage and troubleshoot Microsoft System Center 2012 Configuration Manager Service Pack 1. The following list provides specific information about each tool in the toolkit.
- Client Spy - A tool that helps you troubleshoot issues related to software distribution, inventory, and software metering on System Center 2012 Configuration Manager Service Pack 1 clients.
- Policy Spy - A policy viewer that helps you review and troubleshoot the policy system on System Center 2012 Configuration Manager Service Pack 1 clients.
- Security Configuration Wizard Template for Microsoft System Center 2012 Configuration Manager Service Pack 1 - The Security Configuration Wizard (SCW) is an attack-surface reduction tool for the Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2 operating system. Security Configuration Wizard determines the minimum functionality required for a server's role or roles, and disables functionality that is not required.
- Send Schedule Tool - A tool used to trigger a schedule on a client or trigger the evaluation of a specified DCM Baseline. You can trigger a schedule either locally or remotely.
- Power Viewer Tool – A tool to view the status of power management feature on System Center 2012 Configuration Manager Service Pack 1 clients.
- Deployment Monitoring Tool - The Deployment Monitoring Tool is a graphical user interface designed help troubleshoot Applications, Updates, and Baseline deployments on System Center 2012 Configuration Manager Service Pack 1 clients. This tool requires System Center 2012 Configuration Manager Service Pack 1 or later.
- Run Metering Summarization Tool - The purpose of this tool is to run the metering summarization task to analyze raw metering data.
- Role-based Administration Modelling and Auditing Tool – This tool helps administrators to model and audit RBA configurations.
- Wakeup Spy – This tool shows network traffic and basic information about ConfigMgr wake up client state. This tool requires System Center 2012 Configuration Manager Service Pack 1 or later.
- Content Library Transfer – This tool moves the content library from one drive to another drive.
- Content Ownership Transfer – This tool re-assigns orphaned packages to an active ConfigMgr site.
16th February 2013, 06:03 PM #23
The PDF is 2,670 pages.
System Center 2012 Configuration Manager SP1 Downloadable Technical Documentation
The downloadable files listed on this page contain the product documentation for System Center 2012 Configuration Manager. The documentation applies to Configuration Manager with no service pack and to Configuration Manager with Service Pack 1. The available file types include:
- CHM (as part of the Help Update Wizard msi) - last updated Feb 01, 2013
- DOCX - last updated Feb 01, 2013
- PDF - last updated Feb 01, 2013
21st February 2013, 03:59 AM #24
Thanks to Arthur from:
philpie-work (21st February 2013)
23rd March 2013, 09:57 PM #25
CU1 is now available to download. Microsoft recommended installing it only if you have the issues described in the KB article (2817245).
By Arthur in forum IT News
Last Post: 14th January 2013, 11:41 AM
By Gongalong in forum Thin Client and Virtual Machines
Last Post: 20th April 2012, 09:50 AM
By ChrisH in forum Enterprise Software
Last Post: 5th April 2012, 08:52 PM
By Eben in forum Enterprise Software
Last Post: 5th April 2012, 12:35 PM
By AngryTechnician in forum Enterprise Software
Last Post: 26th January 2012, 02:03 PM
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)
Tags for this Thread