+ Post New Thread
Enterprise Software Thread, Exchange 2010 - Microsoft Forefront. in Technical; Hello guys. So, my school has Exchange 2010 and Forefront. Pardon my lack of knowledge, unfortunately it is just me ...

Thank Post

Exchange 2010 - Microsoft Forefront.

Hello guys.

So, my school has Exchange 2010 and Forefront.

Pardon my lack of knowledge, unfortunately it is just me a lowly IT Tech in a school since the departure of the NM struggling to get by! I have very little experience with exchange beyond setting up new mail accounts and zero experience with Forefront.

A scenario. A very important member of staff asks for a larger Email send limit, I login to exchange and figure that increasing the individual's send limit in mailbox flow should do it. However now they can no longer send any attachments. So I return the limits back to default (IE global).

The user can still not send attachments. Now I know that we use Microsoft Forefront but not sure if we used it to set mailbox limits. If we did use Forefront to set mailbox limits, would changing anything directly in the Exchange server break the users send limit? In which case I would have to use Forefront to reapply the global settings?

I have never used forefront before, I have tried connecting to the mail server with Forefront server, but it gives me a "Server is not operational" error.

Would be great to be given some help on this

Cheers!

Rob.

PS: Running powershell command Get-Mailbox <User> | Format-List *Quota on any user shows everything as unlimited apart from the entry "Rules Quota: 64KB" including the problem user.
    Last edited by Asomodai; 14th December 2012 at 09:51 AM.

Thank Post
    Sorted!

Organization -> Hub Transport -> Send Connectors - Hp blade -> Global Settings reapplied default limits.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread