+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 30 of 30
Enterprise Software Thread, Deploying AutoCAD with SCCM 2012 in Technical; Originally Posted by FN-GM @ OhDear How did you get on? thanks Literally just figured out a way when the ...
  1. #16

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    94
    Thank Post
    22
    Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Rep Power
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by FN-GM View Post
    @OhDear How did you get on? thanks
    Literally just figured out a way when the post arrived in my email! Just trying to sort out the final few things then I will post my results!

    P.s. Don't suppose you know how to use %USERNAME% in the registry?

  2. #17

    FN-GM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    15,969
    Thank Post
    886
    Thanked 1,715 Times in 1,481 Posts
    Blog Entries
    12
    Rep Power
    450
    When i used it in the past %USERNAME% just worked for me

    Please let me know what you find, i want to avoid editing the students profile.

    Thanks

  3. #18

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    94
    Thank Post
    22
    Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Rep Power
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by FN-GM View Post
    When i used it in the past %USERNAME% just worked for me

    Please let me know what you find, i want to avoid editing the students profile.

    Thanks
    Think it has to be REG_EXPAND_SZ... Currently its REG_SZ - Still working on it..

  4. #19

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    94
    Thank Post
    22
    Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Rep Power
    5
    Sorted it!!!

    Download this and have a look at the Read Me - been working on this all day!

  5. Thanks to OhDear from:

    FN-GM (6th October 2012)

  6. #20

    FN-GM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    15,969
    Thank Post
    886
    Thanked 1,715 Times in 1,481 Posts
    Blog Entries
    12
    Rep Power
    450
    thanks @OhDear we use AutoCad 2012, can you tell me what you did with the reg please so i can adapt? Thanks

  7. #21

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    94
    Thank Post
    22
    Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Rep Power
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by FN-GM View Post
    thanks @OhDear we use AutoCad 2012, can you tell me what you did with the reg please so i can adapt? Thanks
    I ran it as a local user so it configured correctly on the first run, then went into HKCU\Software and exported both Autodesk and Autodesk, Inc. You will have to look through the exported .reg files and where it mentions the user you ran it as you will need to put these entries in GPP and use the variable %LogonUser% instead of the username. - Make sure to delete the entries in the .reg files when you put them in GPP!

    Also, I had to get the files it created from AppData\Local and Roaming. Then create a logon script to copy these to the users AppData, and run the modified .reg files.

    Thats what worked for me. Might be time to upgrade to 2013 if it doesn't for you

  8. Thanks to OhDear from:

    FN-GM (9th October 2012)

  9. #22

    FN-GM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    15,969
    Thank Post
    886
    Thanked 1,715 Times in 1,481 Posts
    Blog Entries
    12
    Rep Power
    450
    Quote Originally Posted by OhDear View Post
    I ran it as a local user so it configured correctly on the first run, then went into HKCU\Software and exported both Autodesk and Autodesk, Inc. You will have to look through the exported .reg files and where it mentions the user you ran it as you will need to put these entries in GPP and use the variable %LogonUser% instead of the username. - Make sure to delete the entries in the .reg files when you put them in GPP!

    Also, I had to get the files it created from AppData\Local and Roaming. Then create a logon script to copy these to the users AppData, and run the modified .reg files.

    Thats what worked for me. Might be time to upgrade to 2013 if it doesn't for you
    We got ours free, we cant get an update

  10. #23
    edie209's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Kernow
    Posts
    671
    Thank Post
    41
    Thanked 17 Times in 16 Posts
    Rep Power
    22
    Reviving an old thread I am about to do the same as you both with Autocad 2013, my question is did you create your msi or was it supplied by autodesk?

  11. #24

    FN-GM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    15,969
    Thank Post
    886
    Thanked 1,715 Times in 1,481 Posts
    Blog Entries
    12
    Rep Power
    450
    I did get it sorted but off top of my head i dont remember how. I will look back at it and see how i did it.

  12. Thanks to FN-GM from:

    edie209 (5th March 2013)

  13. #25

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    94
    Thank Post
    22
    Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Rep Power
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by edie209 View Post
    Reviving an old thread I am about to do the same as you both with Autocad 2013, my question is did you create your msi or was it supplied by autodesk?
    Once I downloaded AutoCAD, it had a SCCM Scripts folder which is what I used.

  14. Thanks to OhDear from:

    edie209 (5th March 2013)

  15. #26
    edie209's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Kernow
    Posts
    671
    Thank Post
    41
    Thanked 17 Times in 16 Posts
    Rep Power
    22
    Thanks for that.

    We had two flash drives sent to us one was "Autodesk Entertainment Creation Suit Ultimate 2013" and "AutoDesk Design Academy 2013"

    Autocad sits on the "AutoDesk Design Academy 2013" flash drive but I am unable to find any SCCM Scripts.

    Are we both talking about the same installation media?.

    ******** EDIT **********Cancel that I have found them

    Thanks
    Last edited by edie209; 5th March 2013 at 10:55 AM.

  16. #27

    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    1
    Thank Post
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Rep Power
    0
    @OhDear - How did you fix the issue with SCCM stating the installation fails, with error Error: 0x103(259), even though it's actually successful? That's what I'm stuck on right now.

  17. #28

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    94
    Thank Post
    22
    Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Rep Power
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by Waterscorpion View Post
    @OhDear - How did you fix the issue with SCCM stating the installation fails, with error Error: 0x103(259), even though it's actually successful? That's what I'm stuck on right now.
    I will check my command line on Monday when I'm back in and let you know

  18. #29

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    94
    Thank Post
    22
    Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Rep Power
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by Waterscorpion View Post
    @OhDear - How did you fix the issue with SCCM stating the installation fails, with error Error: 0x103(259), even though it's actually successful? That's what I'm stuck on right now.
    If you're still looking to sort it, try: .\AdminImage\setup.exe /W /q /I AdminImage\AutoCAD-2013-x32.ini /language en-us

  19. #30

    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    5
    Thank Post
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Rep Power
    0
    Not sure why you're receiving this error but have you downloaded AutoCAD as a home use version or the school use one from here: http://www.autodesk.com/campaigns/de...re-uk/overview ?
    Last edited by livia; 25th June 2014 at 03:05 PM.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

  1. Unknown computers with SCCM 2012
    By synaesthesia in forum Enterprise Software
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 18th November 2012, 08:26 AM
  2. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 18th September 2012, 08:20 AM
  3. SCCM 2012 - Deploying Software
    By Mr.Ben in forum Enterprise Software
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 30th April 2012, 09:01 PM
  4. How do you deploy machines with SCCM?
    By Hightower in forum Network and Classroom Management
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 1st December 2011, 05:55 PM
  5. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 15th November 2011, 09:28 AM

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 3 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 3 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •