+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Enterprise Software Thread, AUTODESK Free software now can be used in the Classroom! in Technical; NEVERMIND QUOTE: "To clarify; free software licenses made available to eligible community members via the Education Community cannot be installed ...
    Thank Post
    NEVERMIND

QUOTE: "To clarify; free software licenses made available to eligible community members via the Education Community cannot be installed or used on institutional computers located in classrooms and laboratories, and instead may only be installed and used on the personal computer of the community member.

The afore mentioned Education Community License Update has also been revised to include this language." ENDQUOTE

I guess if you go to some posh edu establishment where you're expected to have an uberlaptop then you can use the software in class. (of course they and or pupil could probably afford it anyway!?)

Fart Pants now I've got to let people down.

Thank Post
    Hi Guys, i've tried to access to education community dowload center, but i received this message and i can't do nothing....
    error.png
    The link on the page goes here.
    I'm regular registered to the community and they have recognized even my university automaticaly by the email.
    Do you have the same error?

Thank Post
    After hearing several conflicting reports of the changes to the Autodesk site licensing, it does appear that Autodesk will supply up to 125 seats of their software for free.
    Welcome to Autodesk Academic Resource Center, where we offer free access to the latest Autodesk design software to education institutions
    This is not the student software offer that caused all the confusion.

The main page is here
    Autodesk Academic Resource Center

To apply you click here
    Grant Application

More details here;

http://students.autodesk.com/?nd=secondary_uk
    Last edited by Obiwan; 12th June 2013 at 10:05 AM. Reason: Further research

4. Thanks to Obiwan from:

chazzy2501 (17th June 2013)

Thank Post
    Full walk through of the ARC application process here. 125 seats for 3 years.
    http://studentsdownload.autodesk.com...skARCGuide.pdf

6. 2 Thanks to Obiwan:

chazzy2501 (17th June 2013), pete (12th June 2013)

Thank Post
    holy crap, it works. I've got the Master Suite 2013 125 seat licence server and software running! How is this not the biggest deal on edugeek right now! (I just saved another school, 2500!

(2014 needs mega hardware)

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by chazzy2501 View Post
    How is this not the biggest deal on edugeek right now! (I just saved another school, 2500!
    I've been contacted by Matt Bell who is leading on it for Autodesk UK. They haven't officially launched the offer yet, I guess they will publicize it more when they do, although they are leaving it late for roll outs over this summer. However resellers shouldn't have been selling UK schools education licenses since July 2012, when the offer actually started (if you were in the know)

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Bell, Autodesk
    We have not officially launched the programme as we are putting the finishing touches to our web interface, UK specific curriculum and case studies, so at the moment schools are signing up pretty much through word of mouth, but here is what I am currently sending to schools who contact me directly in regards to the offer:

Autodesk provides Secondary education institutions, teachers and students with Free access to over thirty 2D and 3D design & visualization software offerings and also makes available free training, teaching and learning resources for personal use.

To apply to download Free* software for your institution please visit the Autodesk Academic Resource Center at Autodesk Academic Resource Center. I have attached step by step instructions to this email.

Students and teachers wishing to download free licenses of the software for use at home can access the software from Autodesk Education Community

Autodesk has partnered with the UK Design & Technology Association to support science, technology, engineering, art and maths (STEAM) education for Secondary schools, through the provision of free software and projects. To access UK specific resources and learning content please visit Secondary Education UK
    We have additional STEAM curriculum resources available at www.autodesk.com/digitalsteam

Thank Post
    Many thanks for this...the media department only just recently moaned about how we only have so many 3D Max licenses and how we were out of date so this should shut them up!

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12